Boxing: Lawrence Okolie and William Webber in action on Matchroom bill this Friday
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Stoke Newington cruiserweight Lawrence Okolie will be looking for win number five on Friday at York Hall on the Matchroom promotion.
Okolie, who has won all four of his professional bouts to date inside the first round, is scheduled to face Cameroon’s Blaise Mendouo.
The 24-year-old was last in the ring in June when he blasted out Derby rival Russ Henshaw with a hard body punch with just two minutes and 10 seconds on the clock.
In Mendouo, Okolie faces an opponent who has won three and lost three of his six professional bouts.
You may also want to watch:
Also on the Matchroom bill is William Webber, who makes his debut against Sonny Whitling.
Webber’s last contest as an amateur was in a Lion ABC vest in London Elite Middleweight final,which he lost to Kelvin Fawaz.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
Webber finished with 34 wins and seven losses in his amateur career, and will want to start life in the paid ranks with a triumph.