Boxing: Lawrence Okolie and William Webber in action on Matchroom bill this Friday
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Stoke Newington cruiserweight Lawrence Okolie will be looking for win number five on Friday at York Hall on the Matchroom promotion.
Okolie, who has won all four of his professional bouts to date inside the first round, is scheduled to face Cameroon’s Blaise Mendouo.
The 24-year-old was last in the ring in June when he blasted out Derby rival Russ Henshaw with a hard body punch with just two minutes and 10 seconds on the clock.
In Mendouo, Okolie faces an opponent who has won three and lost three of his six professional bouts.
Also on the Matchroom bill is William Webber, who makes his debut against Sonny Whitling.
Webber’s last contest as an amateur was in a Lion ABC vest in London Elite Middleweight final,which he lost to Kelvin Fawaz.
- 1 Jailed: 'Evil' Dalston rapist who tried to flee country by Eurostar
- 2 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 3 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 4 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 5 MP Meg Hillier urges people to book boosters amid Omicron spread
- 6 Free Movember 'shave down' at Hackney salon
- 7 A fan of brussels sprouts? Then you'll love this Hoxton restaurant
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 10 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
Webber finished with 34 wins and seven losses in his amateur career, and will want to start life in the paid ranks with a triumph.