Boxing: Lawrence Okolie blasts his way to another quick-fire success
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Rio Olympian crushed Czech oppoent Rudolf Helesic inside 70 seconds on Saturday
Stoke Newington cruiserweight Lawrence Okolie’s latest victim, Rudolf Helesic of the Czech Republic, lasted just 70 seconds.
Both boxers went into the fight with similar records, having had two wins from two, with both wins inside a round.
Okolie came rushing out of his corner, looking to knock his opponent out, but got caught himself by a right hand.
The Rio Olympian, though, soon had Helesic in trouble with a cluster of head punches that dropped him to the canvas.
You may also want to watch:
The Czech, however, somehow managed to get to his feet, only to walk onto a right hook to the head and went down for a second time, with referee John Layton calling the contest over.
The fight took place on the undercard of two world title fights at Sheffield United’s Bramall Lane ground, with George Groves winning the WBA super middleweight title and Errol Spence taking Kell Brook’s IBF welterweight crown.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
Okolie’s next fight is due to take place in London on July 1.