Boxing: Lawrence Okolie blasts his way to another quick-fire success
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Rio Olympian crushed Czech oppoent Rudolf Helesic inside 70 seconds on Saturday
Stoke Newington cruiserweight Lawrence Okolie’s latest victim, Rudolf Helesic of the Czech Republic, lasted just 70 seconds.
Both boxers went into the fight with similar records, having had two wins from two, with both wins inside a round.
Okolie came rushing out of his corner, looking to knock his opponent out, but got caught himself by a right hand.
The Rio Olympian, though, soon had Helesic in trouble with a cluster of head punches that dropped him to the canvas.
You may also want to watch:
The Czech, however, somehow managed to get to his feet, only to walk onto a right hook to the head and went down for a second time, with referee John Layton calling the contest over.
The fight took place on the undercard of two world title fights at Sheffield United’s Bramall Lane ground, with George Groves winning the WBA super middleweight title and Errol Spence taking Kell Brook’s IBF welterweight crown.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 7 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 8 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 9 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
- 10 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
Okolie’s next fight is due to take place in London on July 1.