Boxing: Lawrence Okolie blasts his way to another quick-fire success
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Rio Olympian crushed Czech oppoent Rudolf Helesic inside 70 seconds on Saturday
Stoke Newington cruiserweight Lawrence Okolie’s latest victim, Rudolf Helesic of the Czech Republic, lasted just 70 seconds.
Both boxers went into the fight with similar records, having had two wins from two, with both wins inside a round.
Okolie came rushing out of his corner, looking to knock his opponent out, but got caught himself by a right hand.
The Rio Olympian, though, soon had Helesic in trouble with a cluster of head punches that dropped him to the canvas.
You may also want to watch:
The Czech, however, somehow managed to get to his feet, only to walk onto a right hook to the head and went down for a second time, with referee John Layton calling the contest over.
The fight took place on the undercard of two world title fights at Sheffield United’s Bramall Lane ground, with George Groves winning the WBA super middleweight title and Errol Spence taking Kell Brook’s IBF welterweight crown.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 5 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 6 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 'Hackney is still building', says mayor on future affordable housing
Okolie’s next fight is due to take place in London on July 1.