Boxing: Lawrence Okolie returns to action on undercard of Anthony Joshua against Carlos Takam fight
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Stoke Newington boxer Lawrence Okolie will fight on the undercard of Anthony Joshua’s heavyweight world title defence against Carlos Takam in Cardiff on Saturday.
Hackney cruiserweight Okolie, who has won all five of his pro fights to date, will face a selected opponent.
• Hackney light-heavyweight Michael Page marked his debut with a third-round stoppage of Spain’s Jonathan Castano on Saturday.
The 30-year-old was fighting on a Hayemarker promotion at Indigo at the O2 and took on an opponent who was having his 16th professional bout.
You may also want to watch:
Page came with his hands low, throwing left jabs and using his reach advantage to force Castano onto the back foot.
In the third round, a right cross by Page landed flush on his opponents’ jaw, sending him to the canvas, with referee Robert Williams stopping the fight soon after.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 8 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 9 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
It was a fine start to his boxing career for Page, who is a world champion in mixed martial arts.