Boxing: Lawrence Okolie to fight Commonwealth champion Luke Watkins
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Hackney cruiserweight set to return to ring in June
Hackney cruiserweight Lawrence Okolie will fight for the Commonwealth title in his next bout after agreeing a deal to take on current holder Luke Watkins.
At the time of writing, no details about the date or venue have been revealed, but both boxers, as well as Okolie’s promoter Eddie Hearn, confirmed the bout on social media.
In Watkins, Okolie will face a talented rival who is unbeaten in 13 bouts since turning professional in 2014.
Okolie himself will also taking an unbeaten record into the bout, meaning that someone’s zero will have to go.
You may also want to watch:
In his last bout, the 2016 Olympian topped the bill and beat Isaac Chamberlain, who was previously unbeaten, by unanimous decision to win the WBA continental title at The O2 in February
Okolie will hope to add another belt to his list in his next bout as he looks to stop ‘The Duke’ Watkins and become the Commonwealth title holder.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 10 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets