Boxing: Lion ABC hope Ram Singh triumphs at Hull Box Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Lion ABC boxer Ram Singh came away with a gold medal at the Hull Box Cup on Sunday.
Having won his semi-final the day before in the Class B 38kg category, he took on Irish Schools’ champion William Reilly in the final.
Singh worked superbly at close quarters and put his punches together to come away with a unanimous decision.
The Lion club have three boxers entered into the Haringey Box Cup this weekend, with Kristan and Amo Singh and Louis Isaacs in action at Alexandra Palace, where there will be joined by Haringey ABC entry Keir Dyer.
You may also want to watch:
• Homerton’s Lucien Reid says he hopes to be back in the ring soon as he chases a seventh successive win.
“I am waiting for (trainer) Adam Booth to let me know about my next fight,” said Reid.
- 1 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 4 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
“I am hoping that I might get on the Frank Warren show at the Copper Box on July 8.”