Boxing: Lion ABC hope Ram Singh triumphs at Hull Box Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Lion ABC boxer Ram Singh came away with a gold medal at the Hull Box Cup on Sunday.
Having won his semi-final the day before in the Class B 38kg category, he took on Irish Schools’ champion William Reilly in the final.
Singh worked superbly at close quarters and put his punches together to come away with a unanimous decision.
The Lion club have three boxers entered into the Haringey Box Cup this weekend, with Kristan and Amo Singh and Louis Isaacs in action at Alexandra Palace, where there will be joined by Haringey ABC entry Keir Dyer.
You may also want to watch:
• Homerton’s Lucien Reid says he hopes to be back in the ring soon as he chases a seventh successive win.
“I am waiting for (trainer) Adam Booth to let me know about my next fight,” said Reid.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 8 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 9 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 10 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
“I am hoping that I might get on the Frank Warren show at the Copper Box on July 8.”