Reid targets British title in second clash with Foster
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Hackney’s unbeaten super-bantamweight Lucien Reid has the chance to be crowned British champion on Saturday when he takes on Brad Foster.
The fight, at York Hall in Bethnal Green, is the second between the two with their last bout in September ending in a draw.
One judge scored it 116-112 in favour of Reid but the other two scorecards were given as 114-114.
Reid was an amateur at Repton BC and West Ham BC, where he won the national title, before turning professional in 2015.
He won the ABA of England Elite Bantamweight Title in 2013 and now trains in Bromley with Alan Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Reid won all of his first eight fights before a technical draw with Indi Sangha due to a cut over the eye picked up during an accidental clash of heads.
Foster is also unbeaten having picked up 11 wins and two draws during his professional career with Reid looking to hand him a first defeat on the Queensbury promotion.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 3 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 6 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
- 9 Where to go to get Pfizer and Astra Zeneca vaccinations
- 10 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'