Boxing: Ohara Davies enjoys successful first fight under Frank Warren banner
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney super lightweight Ohara Davies enjoyed a successful first fight under the Frank Warren banner in Leeds on Saturday night.
In his first bout since leaving the Matchroom stable, Davies took on Glasgow’s Ahmed Ibrahim at Elland Road.
Over six rounds, Davies dominated the fight with his fast hand-peed and footwork, with referee John Latham scoring all six rounds in favour of the man known as ‘Two Tanks’.
The fight took place on the undercard of Josh Warrington’s win over British rival Lee Selby to claim the IBF world featherweight title.
You may also want to watch:
The 26-year-old is next in action at London’s O2 Arena on June 23 when he faces unbeaten IBF European champion Josh Leather.
Former Lion amateur Louis Isaacs earned a second successive win on a Goodwin show at York Hall on Saturday.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 9 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
The super lightweight beat Petar Alexandrov of Bulgaria on points after a fierce scrap in which both fighters landed powerful hooks.