Boxing: Ohara Davies enjoys successful first fight under Frank Warren banner
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney super lightweight Ohara Davies enjoyed a successful first fight under the Frank Warren banner in Leeds on Saturday night.
In his first bout since leaving the Matchroom stable, Davies took on Glasgow’s Ahmed Ibrahim at Elland Road.
Over six rounds, Davies dominated the fight with his fast hand-peed and footwork, with referee John Latham scoring all six rounds in favour of the man known as ‘Two Tanks’.
The fight took place on the undercard of Josh Warrington’s win over British rival Lee Selby to claim the IBF world featherweight title.
The 26-year-old is next in action at London’s O2 Arena on June 23 when he faces unbeaten IBF European champion Josh Leather.
Former Lion amateur Louis Isaacs earned a second successive win on a Goodwin show at York Hall on Saturday.
- 1 Call for Hackney Council to refund £200,000 in 'unlawful' fines
- 2 Plumber found guilty of road rage murder of Deliveroo driver
- 3 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 4 Dalston Lane closure after rider taken to hospital
- 5 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 6 Left in limbo – traders face silence as lease deadline looms
- 7 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
- 8 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 9 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 10 ‘Blimey’: Stoke Newington resident celebrates 109th birthday
The super lightweight beat Petar Alexandrov of Bulgaria on points after a fierce scrap in which both fighters landed powerful hooks.