Boxing: Ohara Davies to have Carlos Moreno in corner for first time
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney super lightweight Ohara Davies will have a new trainer in his corner at Elland Road in Leeds on Saturday night.
The 26-year-old is now with the Frank Warren stable after leaving Matchroom Sports earlier this year.
The split from Matchroom also saw Davies leave trainer Tony Sims, with Carlos Moreno set to be in the corner of ‘Two Tanks’ on Saturday.
Davies will take to the ring for the first time since September last year when he fights France’s Christopher Sebire in Leeds on Saturday on the undercard of Lee Selby’s IBF world featherweight title defence against Josh Warrington.
You may also want to watch:
It looks set to be a busy few weeks for Davies, who is also scheduled to fight IBF European champion Josh Leather on the undercard of Billy Joe Saunders’ WBO world middleweight title defence against Martin Murray at London’s O2 Arena on June 23.
Davies has 16 wins from 17 fights in the pro ranks, with 13 KOs.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space