Boxing: Ohara Davies to have Carlos Moreno in corner for first time
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney super lightweight Ohara Davies will have a new trainer in his corner at Elland Road in Leeds on Saturday night.
The 26-year-old is now with the Frank Warren stable after leaving Matchroom Sports earlier this year.
The split from Matchroom also saw Davies leave trainer Tony Sims, with Carlos Moreno set to be in the corner of ‘Two Tanks’ on Saturday.
Davies will take to the ring for the first time since September last year when he fights France’s Christopher Sebire in Leeds on Saturday on the undercard of Lee Selby’s IBF world featherweight title defence against Josh Warrington.
You may also want to watch:
It looks set to be a busy few weeks for Davies, who is also scheduled to fight IBF European champion Josh Leather on the undercard of Billy Joe Saunders’ WBO world middleweight title defence against Martin Murray at London’s O2 Arena on June 23.
Davies has 16 wins from 17 fights in the pro ranks, with 13 KOs.
- 1 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Met Office yellow warning for rain in London this weekend
- 7 The "milkmen for beer" now deliver in Hackney
- 8 Cinema and live music at All Points East's neighbourhood festival
- 9 Hackney choir billed as London talent to watch
- 10 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste