Boxing: Ohara Davies to have Carlos Moreno in corner for first time
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney super lightweight Ohara Davies will have a new trainer in his corner at Elland Road in Leeds on Saturday night.
The 26-year-old is now with the Frank Warren stable after leaving Matchroom Sports earlier this year.
The split from Matchroom also saw Davies leave trainer Tony Sims, with Carlos Moreno set to be in the corner of ‘Two Tanks’ on Saturday.
Davies will take to the ring for the first time since September last year when he fights France’s Christopher Sebire in Leeds on Saturday on the undercard of Lee Selby’s IBF world featherweight title defence against Josh Warrington.
You may also want to watch:
It looks set to be a busy few weeks for Davies, who is also scheduled to fight IBF European champion Josh Leather on the undercard of Billy Joe Saunders’ WBO world middleweight title defence against Martin Murray at London’s O2 Arena on June 23.
Davies has 16 wins from 17 fights in the pro ranks, with 13 KOs.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images