Boxing: Siar Ozgul tops bill returns to action at Brentwood Centre
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Unbeaten Hackney light welterweight Siar Ozgul tops the bill at the Brentwood Centre on Saturday.
The 25-year-old will face an as yet unnamed opponent on a joint-promotion between Johnney Roye and MTK.
Ozgul has won all 13 of his pro fights to date, though he has been out of action since beating Danny Parsons in January 2017.
Hackney Boxing Academy’s Jermaine Williams lost his England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-final at the University of East London.
The middleweight took on Jack Stringer of the United Kingdom Armed Forces, but lost by unanimous decision.
Hackney-born super lightweight Sam Maxwell blasted his way to a first-round stoppage against Spanish rival Michael Isaac Carrero in Belfast last Saturday.
- 1 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 2 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 3 Shoreditch Park Academy officially opens its doors
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 6 Fallen sergeant Matt Ratana honoured at Guards Chapel memorial service
- 7 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
The 29-year-old needed just 56 seconds of his bout to win thanks to some powerful punches that hurt Carrero.
The win extended Maxwell’s perfect record in the pro ranks to seven wins from seven fights.