Boxing: Siar Ozgul tops bill returns to action at Brentwood Centre
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Unbeaten Hackney light welterweight Siar Ozgul tops the bill at the Brentwood Centre on Saturday.
The 25-year-old will face an as yet unnamed opponent on a joint-promotion between Johnney Roye and MTK.
Ozgul has won all 13 of his pro fights to date, though he has been out of action since beating Danny Parsons in January 2017.
Hackney Boxing Academy’s Jermaine Williams lost his England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-final at the University of East London.
You may also want to watch:
The middleweight took on Jack Stringer of the United Kingdom Armed Forces, but lost by unanimous decision.
Hackney-born super lightweight Sam Maxwell blasted his way to a first-round stoppage against Spanish rival Michael Isaac Carrero in Belfast last Saturday.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
The 29-year-old needed just 56 seconds of his bout to win thanks to some powerful punches that hurt Carrero.
The win extended Maxwell’s perfect record in the pro ranks to seven wins from seven fights.