Boxing: Siar Ozgul tops bill returns to action at Brentwood Centre
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Unbeaten Hackney light welterweight Siar Ozgul tops the bill at the Brentwood Centre on Saturday.
The 25-year-old will face an as yet unnamed opponent on a joint-promotion between Johnney Roye and MTK.
Ozgul has won all 13 of his pro fights to date, though he has been out of action since beating Danny Parsons in January 2017.
Hackney Boxing Academy’s Jermaine Williams lost his England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-final at the University of East London.
You may also want to watch:
The middleweight took on Jack Stringer of the United Kingdom Armed Forces, but lost by unanimous decision.
Hackney-born super lightweight Sam Maxwell blasted his way to a first-round stoppage against Spanish rival Michael Isaac Carrero in Belfast last Saturday.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
The 29-year-old needed just 56 seconds of his bout to win thanks to some powerful punches that hurt Carrero.
The win extended Maxwell’s perfect record in the pro ranks to seven wins from seven fights.