Boxing: Viddal Riley begins defence of London Elite title
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Hackney heavyweight Viddal Riley starts the defence of his London Elite title in the quarter-finals on Thursday.
The 20-year-old, who competes for the famous West Ham ABC, will compete in the last eight at the Tottenham Community Sports Centre.
If successful, Riley will progress to the semi-finals, which are held at the same venue the following day.
The final itself takes place at the Royal National Hotel in Russell Square on March 29, with a 7pm start.
You may also want to watch:
Riley reached the National Elite semi-finals last year, having won the National Schools and Junior title.
The 20-year-old old also previously won a silver medal at the European Junior Championships.
- 1 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 4 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 5 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 6 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
So far this season, Riley has won the Boys’ & Girls’ Club Championship 91kg title and has recently returned from a spell training at Floyd Mayweather’s Mayweather Boxing Club in Las Vegas.
Riley will hope those sessions will help him in his bid to defend his title.