Boxing: Withdrawals hinder Pedro ABC Open Air Show
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
There was a good turnout for the Pedro ABC Open Air Show at their club headquarters in Rushmore Road, Clapton.
The only downside was that none of their boxers managed to get on when all of their opponents pulled out.
The only Hackney boxer on the bill was Dalston’s Mark Kuderovitch, who boxes for Angel BC.
However, he lost a close contest against Gym South ABC rival Aaron Prosfere in their clash.
You may also want to watch:
Both young boxers traded punches for all three rounds, but Kuderovitch was unable to come out on top.
Lion ABC prospect Ram Singh lost in the National Schools class B 38kg final at the Trafford Centre in Manchester.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 7 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 8 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 9 Hackney CEO to retire after 40 years in local government
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
Singh had made the long trip north over the Bank Holiday weekend looking for national honours and took on Jack Dayden of Bartley ABC.
The Lion youngster took a more experienced foe in Dayden and so it proved, with the Londoner losing to a unanimous decision, despite all three rounds being close.