Boxing: Withdrawals hinder Pedro ABC Open Air Show
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
There was a good turnout for the Pedro ABC Open Air Show at their club headquarters in Rushmore Road, Clapton.
The only downside was that none of their boxers managed to get on when all of their opponents pulled out.
The only Hackney boxer on the bill was Dalston’s Mark Kuderovitch, who boxes for Angel BC.
However, he lost a close contest against Gym South ABC rival Aaron Prosfere in their clash.
You may also want to watch:
Both young boxers traded punches for all three rounds, but Kuderovitch was unable to come out on top.
Lion ABC prospect Ram Singh lost in the National Schools class B 38kg final at the Trafford Centre in Manchester.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
Singh had made the long trip north over the Bank Holiday weekend looking for national honours and took on Jack Dayden of Bartley ABC.
The Lion youngster took a more experienced foe in Dayden and so it proved, with the Londoner losing to a unanimous decision, despite all three rounds being close.