Boxing: Withdrawals hinder Pedro ABC Open Air Show
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
There was a good turnout for the Pedro ABC Open Air Show at their club headquarters in Rushmore Road, Clapton.
The only downside was that none of their boxers managed to get on when all of their opponents pulled out.
The only Hackney boxer on the bill was Dalston’s Mark Kuderovitch, who boxes for Angel BC.
However, he lost a close contest against Gym South ABC rival Aaron Prosfere in their clash.
You may also want to watch:
Both young boxers traded punches for all three rounds, but Kuderovitch was unable to come out on top.
Lion ABC prospect Ram Singh lost in the National Schools class B 38kg final at the Trafford Centre in Manchester.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Singh had made the long trip north over the Bank Holiday weekend looking for national honours and took on Jack Dayden of Bartley ABC.
The Lion youngster took a more experienced foe in Dayden and so it proved, with the Londoner losing to a unanimous decision, despite all three rounds being close.