Boxing: Withdrawals hinder Pedro ABC Open Air Show
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
There was a good turnout for the Pedro ABC Open Air Show at their club headquarters in Rushmore Road, Clapton.
The only downside was that none of their boxers managed to get on when all of their opponents pulled out.
The only Hackney boxer on the bill was Dalston’s Mark Kuderovitch, who boxes for Angel BC.
However, he lost a close contest against Gym South ABC rival Aaron Prosfere in their clash.
Both young boxers traded punches for all three rounds, but Kuderovitch was unable to come out on top.
Lion ABC prospect Ram Singh lost in the National Schools class B 38kg final at the Trafford Centre in Manchester.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 2 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 3 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 4 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 5 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 6 Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch
- 7 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 8 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
Singh had made the long trip north over the Bank Holiday weekend looking for national honours and took on Jack Dayden of Bartley ABC.
The Lion youngster took a more experienced foe in Dayden and so it proved, with the Londoner losing to a unanimous decision, despite all three rounds being close.