Brazilian Boys bamboozle Top Red in cup clash
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
William Rocha’s double guided Brazilian Boys into the next round of the Albert Daniels Cup with a resounding 4-0 victory over Top Red.
Hugo Leonardo put the Brazilians in front and Rocha struck twice, with Higo Souza also on target to wrap up his side’s success.
Sammy Anjorin grabbed a hat-trick for Highfield in their 3-0 win against FC Bartlett, while Anthony Singh scored the only goal as FC Stepney progressed against Mile End.
Adi Karoballai hit a brace for Riviera, with Igli Ojata and Elton Dervishaj also on the scoresheet, as they overcame Kentish Albion 4-1, while two goals for Jandir Abdeau helped Dynamics to edge out Mustard 4-3.
Terry Hudson and Tony Myers were on target for Eagle in their 2-1 win against Hacquenye, while Konstantin Troicu scored twice and Volodimir Turyanskiy added a third to help FC Niva beat FC Krystal 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
Tapir Hamid and Qasim Zaidi netted two goals apiece as Walthamstow Red Star defeated CP2 4-1 in the Dickie Davies Cup, with Mitchel Carter scoring a consolation.
Bethune advanced after their 6-4 victory over Quinine, with Donny Corbally’s hat-trick backed up by goals from Toby Bland, Ashleigh Roberts and Wayne O’Connell.
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 6 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 9 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
South London Sharks are also through, courtesy of a Callum Jones goal that was enough to earn them a win against Jack Barry.
In the Jack Walpole Cup, Eastside thrashed Eastway Olympia 7-0 with Waj Abdulmalik and Gary Tighe scoring two apiece and Sheriff Odukoya, Joe Falzone and Con Mullings also finding the net.
Aaron Marston banged in five goals for El Valiente, with Kane Malone and Aston Marston also scoring as they saw off London Meteors 7-5 in the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division.
Richard Owusu and Prince Amponsah both netted twice for the Meteors, while goals from Charlie Knowles, Nadir Allall and Patrick Kowlby earned Tottenham Phoenix a 3-1 success against Wounded Knee.
In Division One, goals from Florin Porceanu and Krasi Kamboshev secured a 2-1 win for the Challengers over Birkbeck Orient A, despite a response from Carlos Thomas.
Corey Samuels scored a hat-trick as Hacimac beat Tommy Flynn’s 4-2 in Division Two. There were also wins for Boston Celtics, who defeated BG United 2-1, Jay Cubed (3-1 against Delta) and Regent’s Park (2-1 against Hackney Wednesday).
Waltham Forest United won 6-1 against Alchemists in Division Three, while Bocca drew 0-0 with Manor and Wenlock Arms fought out a 3-3 draw against Caledonian Park.
In Division Four, East London and Boundary also drew 3-3.