Bristow City bring Angels crashing down to earth
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Hackney & Leyton League Division Two leaders Athletico Angels were dumped out of the Jack Morgan Cup in comprehensive style as they suffered a 5-1 thrashing by Bristow City.
Two of Bristow’s goals came from P Wroe, with G Hodges, T Cannon and C McCracken also on the scoresheet and Chris McKillion netting a consolation for the Angels.
Second-half goals from Gavin Kealy and Sid Egan sent Division Four front-runners Maynell into the third round with a 2-0 victory over Division Three side Delta Athletic.
Charlie Barrett and Craig Chapman scored in each half to earn Angel & Crown a 2-0 win against NLMFC, while Harry Smyth grabbed all three for Azzuri 1 as they beat Boston Celtic 3-1. Aidan O’Brien hit the Celtic reply.
Forest Athletic appeared to be heading for a cup exit at half-time in their tie against Division Three side Woodford Rovers, trailing 2-0 to a Karmatt Marvin double.
You may also want to watch:
But Forest fought back to force extra time with two goals from Bradley O’Donovan – and Luke Cato’s strike in the second additional period sent them through.
Top Red squeezed past fellow Division Four side Eastway Olympia 5-4 in a penalty shoot-out after extra time had left the teams locked at 3-3.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
Max Levy, Henry Swales and Sam Jones were on target for Top Red, with Jason Gardner scoring two of the Eastway goals and Stefan Boyce-Hall adding the third.
FC Duchess also progressed after penalties, defeating Jay Cubed 5-3 on spot-kicks following a 2-2 draw.
Joe Rickwood and Timmy Harrison registered the Duchess goals, with Jack Taylor and Patrick Barrett on the mark for Jay Cubed.
n East London beat Division Three side Stratford Athletic on penalties to reach the second round of the Hackney & Leyton Junior Cup after a 3-3 draw, with Cass Weaver scoring twice for the eventual winners.
Bocca Albion also went through to the next round with a 2-1 win against Regent’s Park Rovers. Jamie Cerby and Chris Andrews netted the Albion goals, sandwiching a second-half equaliser from Paul Morris.
n A last-minute strike from Emrah Cokungonul, his second of the game, clinched a 3-2 victory for Dynamics FC in their Division One clash with Homerton. Fehat Bilgili also scored for Dynamics, while Quincey Roberts grabbed both the Homerton goals.
n Mikey Parker snatched a late winner for second-placed City Fliers as they won 2-1 to inflict a first league defeat of the season on Division Three leaders Birkbeck Orient.
Both goalkeepers made a string of saves to keep the scoresheet blank at half-time, but Sean Goss eventually put City in front and, despite Mike Long’s equaliser, Parker secured his side’s victory three minutes from time.