Bulls boosted by Lotto grant cash injection
Hackney Bulls Youth Rugby Club has been boosted by a £9,990 grant from the National Lottery's Awards for All scheme
Hackney Bulls Youth Rugby Club has been boosted by a £9,990 grant from the National Lottery's Awards for All scheme.
The club learned its application had been successful on Monday and is already making plans for how the money will be spent.
Spokesman David Gittings said: "We are delighted that Hackney Bulls has been recognised as a good cause by the Lottery.
"We have grown to a membership of over 130 and are probably the fastest growing youth rugby club in the country.
You may also want to watch:
"Our success in bringing rugby to inner-city children and young people has largely been down to the fantastic coaching , the enthusiasm of our teams and the support of the parents."
The club is open to all from ages six to 16, and meets every Sunday morning from 10am-12pm at Clissold Park and Springhill for training or matches.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
Younger children start with tag-rugby, a fun introduction to the sport, and progress each year, learning new aspects of the game.
Mr Gittings added: "This injection of funds will allow us to employ new coaches, buy new equipment and roll out an exciting program of events in 2009, including school holiday Rugby Camps in local parks, and rugby taster sessions in local primary and secondary schools.
"Our next Rugby Camp will be in the February half-term in Clissold Park."
More details can be found at www.hackneybulls.co.uk