Charity Sixes at London Fields
- Credit: Archant
Hackney’s London Fields CC are hosting their annual Charity Sixes tournament on Saturday (July 8).
The club have staged the event for the last few years, with local teams playing to show support for St Joseph’s Hospice on Mare Street, with over £1,000 raised last year.
The action gets underway at 10.30am and runs until the evening, with a raffle and range of prizes, including restaurant vouchers, cinema tickets and drink.
Tickets can be bought from a gazebo by the pitch with winners drawn at the end of the tournament around 8pm.
London Fields CC spokesman Paul Holden said: “Please vsit us to donate a few coins or buy a couple of raffle tickets to support this great cause.
You may also want to watch:
“The event coincides with the Dunwich Dynamos take-off, so there is a super festive atmosphere on the Fields.”
To make a donation to the cause go to the club page at justgiving.com/fundraising/lfcccharity6s.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors