Charity Sixes at London Fields
- Credit: Archant
Hackney’s London Fields CC are hosting their annual Charity Sixes tournament on Saturday (July 8).
The club have staged the event for the last few years, with local teams playing to show support for St Joseph’s Hospice on Mare Street, with over £1,000 raised last year.
The action gets underway at 10.30am and runs until the evening, with a raffle and range of prizes, including restaurant vouchers, cinema tickets and drink.
Tickets can be bought from a gazebo by the pitch with winners drawn at the end of the tournament around 8pm.
London Fields CC spokesman Paul Holden said: “Please vsit us to donate a few coins or buy a couple of raffle tickets to support this great cause.
You may also want to watch:
“The event coincides with the Dunwich Dynamos take-off, so there is a super festive atmosphere on the Fields.”
To make a donation to the cause go to the club page at justgiving.com/fundraising/lfcccharity6s.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse