Charity Sixes at London Fields
- Credit: Archant
Hackney’s London Fields CC are hosting their annual Charity Sixes tournament on Saturday (July 8).
The club have staged the event for the last few years, with local teams playing to show support for St Joseph’s Hospice on Mare Street, with over £1,000 raised last year.
The action gets underway at 10.30am and runs until the evening, with a raffle and range of prizes, including restaurant vouchers, cinema tickets and drink.
Tickets can be bought from a gazebo by the pitch with winners drawn at the end of the tournament around 8pm.
London Fields CC spokesman Paul Holden said: “Please vsit us to donate a few coins or buy a couple of raffle tickets to support this great cause.
You may also want to watch:
“The event coincides with the Dunwich Dynamos take-off, so there is a super festive atmosphere on the Fields.”
To make a donation to the cause go to the club page at justgiving.com/fundraising/lfcccharity6s.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney