Clapton CFC return to action with cup tie against Wakebury
- Credit: Rebecca Sigrist
After a weekend off, Clapton CFC men’s first team return to action on Saturday with a home BBC Essex Premier Cup tie against Wakebury.
It’s a clash of two in-form sides as both teams have identical records so far in their respective leagues this season, winning six of their seven matches.
It’s Clapton's first home game for three weeks, and then there will none for another three weeks.
Wakebury, nicknamed The Berries, formed in 2016 and started their journey in the Southend Borough Combination Division 2.
They were promoted to the SBC Premier Division and after two seasons at the level, they achieved Essex Olympian league status in 2019.
You may also want to watch:
Management duo Matt Cardy and Dan Blewett have secured two promotions in three seasons.
Meanwhile Clapton CFC’s women take on Walton Casuals Reserves on Sunday following a 1-1 draw against Headstone Manor on October 10.
- 1 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London