Clapton Rangers beat Mustard in final to complete league and cup double
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Clapton Rangers are celebrating a memorable double after beating Mustard 4-0 in the Dickie Davies Cup final on Sunday.
Rangers overcame the disappointment of losing to Mustard in the semi-finals of the Jack Walpole Cup last week to record a comfortable win that was capped by being crowned Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division winners after the game.
Strikes from Ade Cole, Nathan Scarborough, Ricky Edwards and Ashley Taylor-Forbes avenged last week’s 4-3 defeat.
Mustard, who were denied an equaliser when Oguz Celik produced a crucial one-handed save, will need to pick themselves up ahead of this weekend’s Jack Walpole Cup final against Mile End.
In Division One, Highfield FC beat Athletico Angels 2-0 courtesy of strikes from Babs Sambe and Michael Mayers to finish their season in fourth.
You may also want to watch:
There was a happy ending to an otherwise forgettable campaign for relegated Newcresse FC, after Femi Awoyemi scored twice in a 3-2 win over Hackney Allstars.
Elsewhere, Riviera drew 1-1 with Wounded Knee, after Jason Reid cancelled out Ariel Collar’s second-half opener for Riviera.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
In Division Three, Chapel United destroyed Football Club 22 7-1 to clinch promotion in style.
John Wiggs scored a brace while Ashley Smithson, Sam Jones, Gavin Kealy, Peter Green and Chris Mulroy were also on target.
Boroughs United did even better as they hammered Maynell 8-0, with hat-tricks for Quillon Placindi and Day Ayantoga, while a brace from Jack Heath helped Top Red to a 2-1 win over Wenlock Arms.
In Division Four, Wojack Sunday beat Waltham Forest United 3-0 through second-half goals from Dan Harrold – who grabbed a brace – and Jason Rowe.
James Alowsi, Lewis Hubbard and Stuart Leslie were all on target in a 3-1 win for South London Sharks over East London, while Woodford Rovers beat Leyton Manor 2-0.
Finally, the points were shared between Bethune FC and Dynamo Gobbler in a hard-fought match. S Marshall’s opener for Bethune was cancelled out by Dynamo’s Sean Convey to leave the sides locked at 1-1.