Clapton Rangers hit four on top-flight return
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Clapton Rangers celebrated their return to the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division with a 4-0 win over RL United.
Ricky Edwards opened the scoring midway through the first half, before Maurice Byfield added a second and two late goals from Adeyinka Cole and Ashley Taylor-Forbes assured victory.
Mile End slipped to their consecutive defeat after finding themselves on the wrong end of a 6-0 thumping from Tottenham Phoenix.
Jerome Anglin and Menalick Richards gave Tottenham a 2-0 half-time lead before Anglin added two more to claim his hat-trick and Michael Boateng added a brace.
An Ali Yaslim hat-trick and one from M Hasim helped Phoenix sweep Niva-Unistream aside in a 4-1 victory, in which Costel Tronciu found the target for Niva.
You may also want to watch:
Second-half goals from Joe Galbraith and Austin Reid-Smith helped Highfield to a 2-2 draw with Forest Athletic in Division One.
And despite a brace from Andy Quayle, Wounded Knee went down to a 4-2 defeat at the hands of MDM.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Honours were shared in the Division Two top of the table clash between City Fliers and Birkbeck Orient, which finished in an entertaining 2-2 draw.
Mikey Parker sealed a point for Fliers with a late equaliser to add to Andy Shaw’s strike, with Mike Long and Charlie Hopkinson finding the net for Birkbeck.
A double from Tome Beardmore and one each from Henry Swales and Max Leug helped Top Red to a 4-0 win over Bocca Albion in Division Three.
Birkbeck Orient B lit up Division Four with an 8-0 hammering of Bow Badgers, with Daniel Avanzi, Marcus Youngman and Mitek Carle all scoring twice.
A Joe Cridland brace and one from James Alawi helped South London Sharks to victory in their maiden league appearance against fellow debutants Dynamo Gobbler, who replied through Matt Bruce.