Clapton Rangers hit four on top-flight return
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Clapton Rangers celebrated their return to the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division with a 4-0 win over RL United.
Ricky Edwards opened the scoring midway through the first half, before Maurice Byfield added a second and two late goals from Adeyinka Cole and Ashley Taylor-Forbes assured victory.
Mile End slipped to their consecutive defeat after finding themselves on the wrong end of a 6-0 thumping from Tottenham Phoenix.
Jerome Anglin and Menalick Richards gave Tottenham a 2-0 half-time lead before Anglin added two more to claim his hat-trick and Michael Boateng added a brace.
An Ali Yaslim hat-trick and one from M Hasim helped Phoenix sweep Niva-Unistream aside in a 4-1 victory, in which Costel Tronciu found the target for Niva.
You may also want to watch:
Second-half goals from Joe Galbraith and Austin Reid-Smith helped Highfield to a 2-2 draw with Forest Athletic in Division One.
And despite a brace from Andy Quayle, Wounded Knee went down to a 4-2 defeat at the hands of MDM.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
Honours were shared in the Division Two top of the table clash between City Fliers and Birkbeck Orient, which finished in an entertaining 2-2 draw.
Mikey Parker sealed a point for Fliers with a late equaliser to add to Andy Shaw’s strike, with Mike Long and Charlie Hopkinson finding the net for Birkbeck.
A double from Tome Beardmore and one each from Henry Swales and Max Leug helped Top Red to a 4-0 win over Bocca Albion in Division Three.
Birkbeck Orient B lit up Division Four with an 8-0 hammering of Bow Badgers, with Daniel Avanzi, Marcus Youngman and Mitek Carle all scoring twice.
A Joe Cridland brace and one from James Alawi helped South London Sharks to victory in their maiden league appearance against fellow debutants Dynamo Gobbler, who replied through Matt Bruce.