Copper Box to host indoor rowing championships
- Credit: Archant
Over 1,700 talented youngsters will compete in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
Stratford’s Copper Box Arena will play host to the National Junior Indoor Rowing Championships (NJIRC) on Friday.
Over 1,700 young people will race at the NJIRC in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, allowing young competitors to showcase their strength, talent and determination.
Run by groundbreaking youth sports charity London Youth Rowing (LYR), NJIRC is the biggest junior indoor rowing competition of its kind in the world.
LYR aims to enable young people to be and stay active, and to open the sport of rowing to everyone regardless of background, ethnicity, gender, sexuality or ability.
You may also want to watch:
NJIRC showcases the incredible talent, drive and energy of many young people who do not normally get the chance to race at a national level, and offers a taste of the buzz and adrenaline of high-level competition.
Alongside the race programme, NJIRC hosts a Festival of Sport and Careers featuring exhibits and activities from Saracens Rugby, British Rowing, West Ham United FC, The Royal Navy, London Fire Brigade, British Cycling, Wheelchair Basketball and more.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 3 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 8 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
The Festival of Sport and Careers offers participants a well-rounded event, opening their eyes to wider opportunities and experiences.