Former Lion amateur Cox chases fourth straight win in pro ranks
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Super bantamweight beat Bulgaria’s Georgi Andonov at York Hall in March
Former Lion amateur Sam Cox goes in search of a fourth straight win in the paid ranks at The O2 on Saturday.
The super bantamweight is due to take part on a stacked Matchroom show that features the WBA international welterweight title fight between Britain’s Josh Kelly and Przemyslaw Runowski of Poland.
Titles are something that Cox will be chasing later in his career and the 24-year-old knows he will need another success on Saturday to maintain his ascent up the rankings.
Cox was last in action in March as he stopped Bulgarian foe Georgi Andonov in the first round of their bout at York Hall.
You may also want to watch:
That success extended the ex-Lion amateur’s record to three wins from three fights, but that success over Andonov was his first by way of knockout.
The super bantamweight will aim to collect another explosive win this weekend as he looks to make a name for himself in the professional game.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 9 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 10 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney