Former Lion amateur Cox chases fourth straight win in pro ranks
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Super bantamweight beat Bulgaria’s Georgi Andonov at York Hall in March
Former Lion amateur Sam Cox goes in search of a fourth straight win in the paid ranks at The O2 on Saturday.
The super bantamweight is due to take part on a stacked Matchroom show that features the WBA international welterweight title fight between Britain’s Josh Kelly and Przemyslaw Runowski of Poland.
Titles are something that Cox will be chasing later in his career and the 24-year-old knows he will need another success on Saturday to maintain his ascent up the rankings.
Cox was last in action in March as he stopped Bulgarian foe Georgi Andonov in the first round of their bout at York Hall.
You may also want to watch:
That success extended the ex-Lion amateur’s record to three wins from three fights, but that success over Andonov was his first by way of knockout.
The super bantamweight will aim to collect another explosive win this weekend as he looks to make a name for himself in the professional game.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'