Crawford Arrows shoot down El Valiente in cup clash

Sammy Anjorin (right) celebrates Highfield's first goal in their Albert Daniels Senior Cup victory o

Sammy Anjorin (right) celebrates Highfield's first goal in their Albert Daniels Senior Cup victory over holders Bartlett. Pic: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo - Credit: Archant

A Carl Malone strike was not enough as El Valiente were dumped out of the Sunday Junior Cup, losing 5-1 to Crawford Arrows Youth.

Birkbeck Orient A came from 2-0 down to level and eventually win 3-2 on penalties against a very strong Bermondsey Town side.

Mike Parker and Harry Raymond scored to restore parity and Freddie Milne hit the winning penalty after goalkeeper Richard Critchlow had saved the third Bermondsey spot-kick.

Goals from David Frost, Denzie Reid and Scott Pond ensured Boroughs United progressed into the next round of the Dickie Davies Cup with a 3-0 win.

Delta also secured a 3-0 success against Athletico Angels with two goals from Jordan Langford and another from Jay Knight.

Jason Burwood scored a hat-trick, while Andre Paul netted a brace as Mile End saw off Boston Celtics 5-0 in the Jack Walpole Cup.

Top Red upset the odds, beating Premier Division side Tottenham Phoenix 5-1 with goals from Sam Melody, Henry Swales, Gabriel Madson and two for John Barber.

Most Read

Hackney Allstars kept up their winning ways, beating Premier Division opposition FC Niva 4-2 to also progress to the next round.

In the Albert Daniels Senior Cup, holders Bartlett were knocked out by Highfield 5-4 on penalties. Sammy Anjorin and Tope Olanteju scored for Highfield, while Nze Onyekwelu and Vincent Williams responded for Bartlett as the game finished 2-2 in normal time.

Young London Meteors won an eight-goal thriller 5-3 against Dynamics. Marcus Redford scored twice and Jose Cruz added a third as Dynamics pushed their opponents all the way.

But a brace from Richard Owusu and further efforts from Sam Mensch, Prince Gyima and Prince Ampensah were enough to see off the Division One outfit.

BG United’s winning streak came to an end against Bethune in the Jack Morgan Cup despite Hristo Andonov scoring a hat-trick.

Luke Axiao, Ty Cannon and Sam Marshall scored for Bethune, who eventually prevailed 3-2 on penalties.

Eagle FC progressed in the Hackney and Leyton Junior Cup with a 7-4 win over Bow Badgers. Carl Mullins scored four times, with Terry Hudson, Johnny Tama and Stephen Prince also on the mark.

In the only Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division game, Shakespeare moved up to third after beating Mustard 6-0 with a brace by Corbin Harrison as well as goals from Matt Gulfzer, Charles Wells, Dorian Farmer and Danny Blake.

In Division One, Bristow City beat promotion hopefuls Wounded Knee 6-3 with two apiece from Jordan Smith and Toby Cannon. Ted Cunningham and Pip Wroe were also on target.

FC Stepney kept up their unbeaten record in Division Two with a 7-1 win over Jack Barry St Germaine. Yusuf Olajide scored four, while Sam Cashman helped himself to a brace. Tommy Flynn beat newcomers Quinine 6-1.

In Division Three’s top-of-the-table clash, Waltham Forest United drew 0-0 with Regent’s Park Rovers, while Bocca were 6-3 winners over Football Club 22, thanks to four goals by Tim Lineham.

South London Sharks also won 6-3 against ELE FC, while FC BKT returned to winning ways with a 4-2 triumph over Wojack Sunday.

In Division Four, Usman Aloshe’s strike earned Birkbeck Orient B a 1-0 win over Boundary Estate, while East London came from behind to overcome Eastway Olympia 5-2 and Wenlock Arms beat Dynamo Gobbler 3-1 to move into the promotion places.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter