Crown & Manor under-13s return from USA tour
Hoxton-based team taste plenty of success across the pond
Crown & Manor under 13s returned from a very successful trip to the USA last week.
The Hoxton-based club collected first prize, winning the Junior Nike trophy in Atlanta.
Their victory against Norcross Soccer Academy was covered by ESPN network as they won many admirers from a community who themselves have invested heavily in soccer.
The experience of the trip provided both social and educational opportunities whilst at the same time has opened up links with groups hoping to visit London for the 2012 Olympic Games.
You may also want to watch:
The team ended their successful tour in Orlando taking in the many attractions and finished runners-up in the Disney Preseason Tournament.
The group were managed by Carl Dixon, and coached by Dean Coventry.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 5 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 6 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 'Hackney is still building', says mayor on future affordable housing
Crown & Manor squad: Jacob Phillips, Aaron Robinson, Jordan Duncan, James Kelly, Romeo Akinola, Darnell Smith, Charly Bailey, Daniel Coventry, Oshun Lewis, Edson Uhlander, Ellis Christodolou, Luke O’Leary, Drew Gray-McIntyre, Kyle Holyoak-Rackal, Michael McKenna, Zakariyya Basekonda.