Crown & Manor under-13s return from USA tour
Hoxton-based team taste plenty of success across the pond
Crown & Manor under 13s returned from a very successful trip to the USA last week.
The Hoxton-based club collected first prize, winning the Junior Nike trophy in Atlanta.
Their victory against Norcross Soccer Academy was covered by ESPN network as they won many admirers from a community who themselves have invested heavily in soccer.
The experience of the trip provided both social and educational opportunities whilst at the same time has opened up links with groups hoping to visit London for the 2012 Olympic Games.
You may also want to watch:
The team ended their successful tour in Orlando taking in the many attractions and finished runners-up in the Disney Preseason Tournament.
The group were managed by Carl Dixon, and coached by Dean Coventry.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses
Crown & Manor squad: Jacob Phillips, Aaron Robinson, Jordan Duncan, James Kelly, Romeo Akinola, Darnell Smith, Charly Bailey, Daniel Coventry, Oshun Lewis, Edson Uhlander, Ellis Christodolou, Luke O’Leary, Drew Gray-McIntyre, Kyle Holyoak-Rackal, Michael McKenna, Zakariyya Basekonda.