Crown & Manor under-13s return from USA tour
Hoxton-based team taste plenty of success across the pond
Crown & Manor under 13s returned from a very successful trip to the USA last week.
The Hoxton-based club collected first prize, winning the Junior Nike trophy in Atlanta.
Their victory against Norcross Soccer Academy was covered by ESPN network as they won many admirers from a community who themselves have invested heavily in soccer.
The experience of the trip provided both social and educational opportunities whilst at the same time has opened up links with groups hoping to visit London for the 2012 Olympic Games.
You may also want to watch:
The team ended their successful tour in Orlando taking in the many attractions and finished runners-up in the Disney Preseason Tournament.
The group were managed by Carl Dixon, and coached by Dean Coventry.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
Crown & Manor squad: Jacob Phillips, Aaron Robinson, Jordan Duncan, James Kelly, Romeo Akinola, Darnell Smith, Charly Bailey, Daniel Coventry, Oshun Lewis, Edson Uhlander, Ellis Christodolou, Luke O’Leary, Drew Gray-McIntyre, Kyle Holyoak-Rackal, Michael McKenna, Zakariyya Basekonda.