Cup victory leaves holders Clapton in seventh heaven
Dickie Davies Cup holders Clapton Rangers cruised into the third round after battering Club '93
CUP holders Clapton Rangers cruised into the third round after battering Club '93 7-1, with Ashley Taylor racking up a hat-trick, and Ashley Bennett, Ben Gracey, James Smith and Johnny Offei also on target. Leon Dennison replied for Club '93.
A.C. Islington, of Division Four, overcame Division Three side Big Kahuna 2-1, with goals from Freddie Ezeuka and Lee Ramsey. After a goalless first half, Islington went into a two goal lead before Louis Mitchell pulled a goal back for Kahuna. However, Islington held on for victory.
Two goals from Andy Matyo earned Wounded Knee a 2-1 win over Delta, with Murat Mustafa replying.
Black Meteors came from a goal down to win 3-1 against FC Lockers, who scored first through Steven Fairchild. Maxwell Sarfo-adu and Mutela Mohammed (2) ensured Meteors' progress.
You may also want to watch:
FC Metwin crushed Wenlock Arms 8-0, with goals from Steven Price (3), Emre Kirkali, Courtney Parkinson, Metin Lowden, Tommy Mayers and Rory Shiggins.
Bancroft United beat FC Storm 6-1, with Kadir Jama getting a hat-trick, Nathan Mulgrav two and Justin Weatherman one, and Kuzia Kovzuniak replying for Storm.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
Real Romania scored a last gasp equaliser to take their cup match against Mile End into extra time with the scores at 4-4. With no further goals Real won 4-3 on penalties. Antonio Moiroi and Grita Ofrim scored two apiece for Real, with Chris Leon (3) and Aberham Mahmood on target for Mile End.
Tottenham Phoenix were awarded a win after Prince Regent failed to fulfil the fixture.
Army and Navy defeated Lancresse Rangers 3-0, with Yusseff Etti scoring twice, once from the spot, and Philly Eusebe adding a third.
A first-half strike from Mark Lee earned O.K.J.H a 1-0 win over fellow Premier League side Three Compasses, while a last-minute goal by Sam Oko-uma sent Gascoyne through 3-2 against Old George 2nd Athletic. Kurtes Maher and Michael O'Donoghue were Gascoyne's other scorers, with Uli Izzet on target for Old George.