Davies endures tight defeat to Catterall
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney super lightweight Ohara Davies suffered a second defeat of his professional career after losing to Chorley rival Jack Catterall in Leicester on Saturday.
The bout on the Frank Warren card at the Leicester Arena was for Catterall’s WBO inter-continental title.
The fight itself did not make for great viewing, with the orthodox style of Davies coming up against a southpaw opponent in Catterall.
It meant both fighters were waiting for the other to make a mistake in order to capitalise.
You may also want to watch:
All 12 rounds were close and it was a bout Davies could have won had he landed his powerful right-hand with more regularity.
There was disappointment on the same card too for Hackney-born Lyon Woodstock, who was beaten by Welling rival Archie Sharp in their bout for the WBO European super featherweight title.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 7 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
- 10 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
*Dalston super bantamweight Frank Arnold beat Russ Midgely on a Mickey Helliett show at York Hall last Saturday.