Davies endures tight defeat to Catterall
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney super lightweight Ohara Davies suffered a second defeat of his professional career after losing to Chorley rival Jack Catterall in Leicester on Saturday.
The bout on the Frank Warren card at the Leicester Arena was for Catterall’s WBO inter-continental title.
The fight itself did not make for great viewing, with the orthodox style of Davies coming up against a southpaw opponent in Catterall.
It meant both fighters were waiting for the other to make a mistake in order to capitalise.
You may also want to watch:
All 12 rounds were close and it was a bout Davies could have won had he landed his powerful right-hand with more regularity.
There was disappointment on the same card too for Hackney-born Lyon Woodstock, who was beaten by Welling rival Archie Sharp in their bout for the WBO European super featherweight title.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
*Dalston super bantamweight Frank Arnold beat Russ Midgely on a Mickey Helliett show at York Hall last Saturday.