Davies endures tight defeat to Catterall
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney super lightweight Ohara Davies suffered a second defeat of his professional career after losing to Chorley rival Jack Catterall in Leicester on Saturday.
The bout on the Frank Warren card at the Leicester Arena was for Catterall’s WBO inter-continental title.
The fight itself did not make for great viewing, with the orthodox style of Davies coming up against a southpaw opponent in Catterall.
It meant both fighters were waiting for the other to make a mistake in order to capitalise.
You may also want to watch:
All 12 rounds were close and it was a bout Davies could have won had he landed his powerful right-hand with more regularity.
There was disappointment on the same card too for Hackney-born Lyon Woodstock, who was beaten by Welling rival Archie Sharp in their bout for the WBO European super featherweight title.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 6 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 7 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
*Dalston super bantamweight Frank Arnold beat Russ Midgely on a Mickey Helliett show at York Hall last Saturday.