Davies to challenge Catterall for WBO inter-continental title
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney super lightweight Ohara Davies will top the bill at the Leicester Arena on October 6 when he faces Jack Catterall.
The fight takes place on a Frank Warren promotion and will be screened live on BT Sport.
Davies has only been beaten once in 19 bouts in the pro ranks, while Catterall is unbeaten in his 22 fights in the paid game to date.
The meeting between the rivals will be for Catterall’s WBO inter-continental title, which he defended against Tyrone McKenna in Belfast in June.
You may also want to watch:
Davies will hope, though, to take that belt from Catterall’s grasp and inflict a first defeat of the Chorley fighter’s career in the paid ranks
Also on the bill at the Leicester Arena is Hackney-born Leon Woodstock, who is unbeaten in 11 fights as a pro.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 9 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- 10 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
The super-featherweight will defend his WBO European strap against the unbeaten Archie Sharp in Leicester, the town which Woodstock now calls home.