Davies to challenge Catterall for WBO inter-continental title
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney super lightweight Ohara Davies will top the bill at the Leicester Arena on October 6 when he faces Jack Catterall.
The fight takes place on a Frank Warren promotion and will be screened live on BT Sport.
Davies has only been beaten once in 19 bouts in the pro ranks, while Catterall is unbeaten in his 22 fights in the paid game to date.
The meeting between the rivals will be for Catterall’s WBO inter-continental title, which he defended against Tyrone McKenna in Belfast in June.
You may also want to watch:
Davies will hope, though, to take that belt from Catterall’s grasp and inflict a first defeat of the Chorley fighter’s career in the paid ranks
Also on the bill at the Leicester Arena is Hackney-born Leon Woodstock, who is unbeaten in 11 fights as a pro.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
The super-featherweight will defend his WBO European strap against the unbeaten Archie Sharp in Leicester, the town which Woodstock now calls home.