Davies to challenge Catterall for WBO inter-continental title
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney super lightweight Ohara Davies will top the bill at the Leicester Arena on October 6 when he faces Jack Catterall.
The fight takes place on a Frank Warren promotion and will be screened live on BT Sport.
Davies has only been beaten once in 19 bouts in the pro ranks, while Catterall is unbeaten in his 22 fights in the paid game to date.
The meeting between the rivals will be for Catterall’s WBO inter-continental title, which he defended against Tyrone McKenna in Belfast in June.
You may also want to watch:
Davies will hope, though, to take that belt from Catterall’s grasp and inflict a first defeat of the Chorley fighter’s career in the paid ranks
Also on the bill at the Leicester Arena is Hackney-born Leon Woodstock, who is unbeaten in 11 fights as a pro.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
The super-featherweight will defend his WBO European strap against the unbeaten Archie Sharp in Leicester, the town which Woodstock now calls home.