Davies to challenge Catterall for WBO inter-continental title
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney super lightweight Ohara Davies will top the bill at the Leicester Arena on October 6 when he faces Jack Catterall.
The fight takes place on a Frank Warren promotion and will be screened live on BT Sport.
Davies has only been beaten once in 19 bouts in the pro ranks, while Catterall is unbeaten in his 22 fights in the paid game to date.
The meeting between the rivals will be for Catterall’s WBO inter-continental title, which he defended against Tyrone McKenna in Belfast in June.
You may also want to watch:
Davies will hope, though, to take that belt from Catterall’s grasp and inflict a first defeat of the Chorley fighter’s career in the paid ranks
Also on the bill at the Leicester Arena is Hackney-born Leon Woodstock, who is unbeaten in 11 fights as a pro.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses
The super-featherweight will defend his WBO European strap against the unbeaten Archie Sharp in Leicester, the town which Woodstock now calls home.