Double from Volosin enough to see off the challenge from Mustard FC

Mustard (orange) vs Niva Unistream. Pic: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO

Mustard (orange) vs Niva Unistream. Pic: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO - Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO

Max Volosin scored twice as Niva-Unistream beat Mustard FC 3-1 to leapfrog their opponents into third place in the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division.

In Division One, MDM United missed out on the chance to go three points clear at the top after crashing to a 4-1 defeat at the hands of Krystal.

Goals from Vasyl Prokipchuk, Varga Attila, Mykola Kushliak and Oleksandr Kyrylov meant Akwagi Merfo’s strike for MDM was no more than a consolation. Elsewhere, Tope Olateju’s brace helped Highfield beat Heegan 3-1 to move level on points with their fellow Division One strugglers, while Dynamics and Athletic Angels played out a 2-2 draw.

In Division Two, Bristow City are still top after Richard Stringer scored a goal in each half to down Delta Athletic 2-0, while Calum Ellis also netted twice as Angel & Crown beat BG United 4-2.

There was a nine-goal thriller between City Flyers and Jay Cubed, with Flyers prevailing 6-3 through

You may also want to watch:

doubles from Paul Morton, Sean Goss and Owen Powell.

Boroughs United stretched their lead at the summit of Division Three after their 4-1 cruise over Stafford Athletic was coupled with Top Red’s surprise 4-3 defeat against Chapel United.

Most Read

Denzel Reed and David Frost both struck twice on a comfortable afternoon for Boroughs, who were then thankful to Chapel’s John Wiggs and Peter Green for both responding in kind against Top Red.

Boston Celtic preserved fourth spot, with Jason Skelton grabbing the winner in a 3-2 victory over Maynell. Elsewhere, Bocca Albion and Gladstone Wanderers drew 1-1, while Regent’s Park Rovers trounced winless Wenlock Arms 8-0.

Wojak Sunday are still top of Division Four, despite only managing to draw 2-2 with Waltham Forest United. O’Neal Rowe scored twice for Sunday, but Jamie Allen and Jim Harrison replied to give Forest a share of the spoils.

A 4-2 defeat for second-placed Renaissance against Birkbeck Orient B means Wojak in fact extended their lead to two points, as Miten Carlo’s brace helped consign Renaissance to their first defeat of the season.

Eastway Olympia edged Bethune FC 2-1, with goals from Simon Roza and Ben Vowell, while Woodford Rovers won a topsy-turvy affair with East London 5-3. Leyton Manor were beaten 5-2 by fourth-placed Dynamo Gobbler.

Lions FC overcame fellow Division One rivals Wounded Knee 4-2 to secure a place in round two of the Albert Daniels Senior Cup.

Onisim Prichici, Onisim Chelba, Barius Motag and Kevin Crehan all netted for Lions, while Tom Parrott and Joshua Ade replied for Knee.

Shane Joseph sent Mile End into the next round, scoring the only goal of a tight contest against Hackney All Stars 10 minutes from time.

Meanwhile, Division One leaders Forest Athletic rocked RL United, beating their top-tier opponents 4-1 courtesy of a hat-trick from Bradley O’Donovan.

An avalanche of extra-time goals from Riviera sent Newcresse crashing out the cup 6-2, with Elton Bervishad completing his hat-trick after 90 minutes had failed to separate the two sides.

In the Hackney & Leyton Junior Cup, Division Four side South London Sharks are into the fourth round after Richard Mason scored a hat-trick to help thrash Football Club 22 6-1.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter