Duchess demolish Top Red to reach last four in Jack Morgan Cup
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Curtis Pond recorded a brace as FC Duchess cruised into the Jack Morgan Cup semi-finals by crushing Top Red 7-1.
Warren Paul, Joe Rickwood, Aaron Hogarth, Curtley Shallow and Ricky Hanmore were also on the mark for Duchess, while Jack Sugden netted Red’s solitary goal.
Hackney & Leyton League Division Four side Maynell are also through to the last four after an 8-2 thrashing of Azzuri 1 from Division Two. Daniel Monero and Lee Brown contributed two apiece to Maynell’s feast of goals, while John Yeates hit both for Azzuri 1.
Division Three leaders City Fliers edged out Angel & Crown 3-2, with Mikey Parker scoring twice and Aaron Champter also on target. Charlie Barrett and Calum Ellis replied for Crown.
Pat Maxwell’s double guided Bristow City to a 3-2 success against Forest Athletic. Jamie McCracken netted Bristow’s third goal, while Dwayne Sharron registered twice for Athletic.
You may also want to watch:
n Nze Onyekwe hit a brace for Albert Daniels Senior Cup holders FC Bartlett, with Lee Meneghan also on target as they reached the last four by overcoming Shakespeare 3-1.
Jones Denkor’s first-half double set up a 3-1 win for Black Meteors over Homerton Rangers, with Mustikpha Abdul sealing their semi-final place midway through the second half.
- 1 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
Chris Lord, Darren Whelan and Esmail Elkalaz scored the goals as RL United marked their debut season by beating Mustard 3-1 to reach their first semi-final. George Stubbs replied for Mustard.
The line-up for the last four was completed by Niva-Unistream, who hammered Division One leaders Dynamics 5-1.
n Daniel St Louis grabbed an extra-time winner to send Leyton Orient Fans’ Trust through to the Hackney & Leyton Junior Cup semi-finals after a nine-goal thriller in their tie against Boston Celtics.
St Louis struck his second of the game to seal a 5-4 win, with Alex Cox, James Healy and Michael Bested also on target. Jason Skelton and Ricky Price netted two apiece for Boston.
n A goal in each half from Alistair Buffong earned Red Devils a 2-0 victory over Albion Manor in their Premier Division fixture.
n Newcresse and Highfield shared the spoils in an entertaining 2-2 draw in Division One, with Marcus Renford and Charles Akanu on the scoresheet for Highfield.
Ken King and Charlie Cox replied for Newcresse while, in the division’s only other game, FC Polit beat Wounded Knee 1-0 thanks to J Moore’s second-half strike.
n Ashley Green put Athletico Angels ahead against Jay Cubed in Division Two, but Nathan Rose levelled before Daniel Green snatched the winner late on.
n Sean McLeod scored four times as Shoreditch Fire Penguins defeated Regent’s Park Rovers 6-1 in Division Three with Duncan Combes and A Sloan completing the scoring.
Elsewhere, Delta drew 2-2 with Woodford Rovers, while goals from Sam Woodford, James Falaise and Mark Gallie helped Stratford Athletic beat Wenlock Arms 3-1.
n Lee Hall hit four in Wojack Sunday’s 7-2 victory over Leyton Manor in Division Four, with Ian Bruce, Bradley Carter and Dario Brown also finding the net.