Dynamics fight back to dispatch Eagles and reach cup final
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Marcus Renford scored twice as Dynamics came from behind to beat Eagles FC 2-1 and reach the Dickie Davies Cup final.
Joseph Andrews put Eagles in front, but they were powerless to stop Renford, and Dynamics will now face either Boroughs United or FC Bartlett in the final.
Top Red prevailed against El Valiente to reach the final of the Jack Walpole Cup in an 11-goal thriller, with John Barber scoring a hat-trick in a 6-5 triumph.
Henry Swales’ double had put Top Red in control but El Valiente stormed back through Shaun Bernard, James Bird and a brace from Uli Izzea before Barber sent the game to extra time.
Joe Hands then cancelled out Sam Melody’s goal for Top Red but Barber had the final say.
You may also want to watch:
In the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division, champions Mile End showed no signs of letting up as Lee Smith scored twice in a 2-1 victory over Young Meteors, who had led through Prince Amponsah.
Meanwhile, Athletico Angels’ Division One status is hanging by a thread after they could only draw 2-2 with Hackney All Stars.
- 1 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 4 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 5 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 6 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 7 Meet the Wonder Warriors – the charity helping women with endometriosis
- 8 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 9 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 10 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
Ashley Green and Thomas Brockbank both scored for Athletico but a Lee Greenaway double ensured the points were shared.
In Division Two, unbeaten champions FC Stepney hammered struggling Hacimac 5-0 with Nicky Maynard scoring twice to supplement goals from Yusuf Olinjde, Sam Cashman and Anthony Singh.
Delta beat BG United 3-2 with Jordan Langford following up a brace from Danyal Vela.
Boroughs were also triumphant as they beat already relegated Quinine 5-0 thanks to Tayo Ayantuga’s treble and further efforts from David Frost and Keiron Pollonard.
In Division Three, South London Sharks overcame champions Boston Celtics 4-2 with Chris Breen and Calum Jones both scoring twice for the Sharks, cancelling out efforts from Celtics’ Leigh Hardly and Berat Eryurekler.
Lee Hall’s hat-trick helped Wojak Sunday beat FC BKT 4-3, with Nick Ashworth also on the scoresheet, while ELE drew 1-1 with Bocca Albion.
Waltham Forest and Gladstone Wanderers could not be separated in a thrilling 3-3 draw. Othelio Rolet, Rory Gilinders and James Seal scored for Forest, but Garon Pang and a double from Tom Carter meant a share of the spoils.
Division Four leaders Wenlock beat Woodford Rovers 5-4 with Harry Smith hitting a double and Senna Daniel, Dundar Hassan and Jamie Neil also on the mark.
Bethune moved one step closer to promotion with a 3-1 victory over East London, courtesy of a goal from top scorer Charlie Cox and two from Ricky Hanmore. Jaime Yo replied for East London.
Birkbeck Orient B drew 2-2 with Black Borough, with Idris Shelton scoring both Birkbeck goals and David Dice and Jamie Gardner replying for Borough.