Eagle triumph in penalty shoot-out against El Valiente

Eagle players celebrate a goal. Pic: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo

Eagle players celebrate a goal. Pic: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo - Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo

Eagle are through to the Dickie Davies Cup semi-finals after beating El Valiente 5-4 on penalties following a 3-3 draw.

Arl Mullins’ double and a further strike from Michael Shiggins looked to have won it for Eagle in normal time, but Shaun Brennard, Aaron Mardon and Ash Diamond levelled it up for Valiente before the shoot-out drama.

In the one remaining third round tie, Boroughs United came from behind to beat Hacimac 4-1. Aaron Tomlin put Hacimac ahead but Boroughs responded with goals from Dayo Agantuga, David Frost and two by Michael Romeo.

In the Jack Morgan Cup, Tommy Flynn are through to their first final after beating Delta 3-2, despite goals from Justin Cummins and Baily Morgan for the beaten Division Two side.

In the Hackney & Leyton Premier Division, Mile End remain top after beating Riviera 4-2 with goals from Paul Andre, Rickie Edward and a double from Olu Oluwalimilehal. Elton Dervisaj and Admir Karabollai replied for Riviera, but it wasn’t enough to prevent their ninth league defeat of the season.

Elsewhere, the points were shared between Shakespeare and FC Bartlett, as John Gilroy pounced for the Shakes to cancel out Michael Hendricks’ opener in a 1-1 draw.

Wounded Knee kept up their promotion hopes in Division One by beating Birkbeck Orient 3-2 with Miles Creevy and Dan Pereira among the goals.

Most Read

In Division Two, Top Red beat BG United 2-1 thanks to Jack Hewitt’s double, which rendered Hristo Andonov’s strike academic.

Boston Celtics remain top of Division Three after they beat Gladstone Wanderers 3-2 courtesy of Leigh Hartley’s brace, which followed Nathan Skelton’s opener.

Regent’s Park Rovers beat Waltham Forest 3-2 with two goals from Stuart Taggart and a further effort from Martin Pellumy. Peter Grant and Sean Wheeler responded for Forest, but they were overtaken by Rovers in the race for promotion.

Adrian Johnson and Moss Lengit both scored as Maynell came from behind to beat Bocca 2-1 after Tim Lineman had opened the scoring, while Wojak Sunday beat Football Club 22 3-2 with goals from Lee Hall, Nathan Sette and Ian Crooke.

Struggling ELE drew 2-2 with South London Sharks to remain rooted in the relegation zone. Jesse Joseph scored twice for ELE but goals from Andy Spafford and Joe Cridland for the Sharks ensured the points were shared.

Charlie Cox scored a hat-trick as Bethune beat Woodford Rovers 8-2 to keep up their quest for promotion from Division Four.

Conrad Mullins scored both Woodford goals, but they were second best as John Badger, Johnny Vivas, Danny Padialla, David McMullins and Peter Passam all got on the scoresheet.

Birkbeck Orient B beat Bow Badgers 4-2 to move off the bottom thanks to goals from Adam Meayer, Joel Crookes, Anthony Platt and George Rodriguez, cancelling out Jermaine Jarvis’ double for Bow.

David Dice’s treble and two goals from Jamie Gardner helped Black Boroughs ease to a 5-2 triumph over Boundary Estate – who responded twice through John Roturier – while Eastway Olympia lost 6-1 to East London.

Stuart Farren (2), Stewart Capel, Steve Luker, Jaime Yllera and Charles Bettes were all on target for London in a comfortable win.