Ekundayo wants to keep hold of European strap against Greene
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney welterweight Larry Ekundayo returns to the ring on Friday night on an MTK Global promotion at York Hall.
The 36-year-old faces Kent rival Louis Greene on a bill that will be shown love on BoxNation.
Ekundayo has won 14 of his 15 professional bouts, with his solitary defeat coming against Gary Corcoran in July last year.
Against Greene, the Stoke Newington boxer will be putting his IBF European welterweight title on the line.
You may also want to watch:
Ekundayo won the strap in his last bout in July when beating Scotland’s John Thain on points.
*Former Lion amateur Louis Isaacs will be looking for a fourth straight win in the professional ranks when he faces Jamie Quinn at York Hall on Saturday.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
The unbeaten 21-year-old was last in action in October when he beat Mohamed Mahmoud on points at the Tottenham Green Pools & Fitness Centre and will be looking to add to that this weekend.