Ekundayo wants to keep hold of European strap against Greene
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney welterweight Larry Ekundayo returns to the ring on Friday night on an MTK Global promotion at York Hall.
The 36-year-old faces Kent rival Louis Greene on a bill that will be shown love on BoxNation.
Ekundayo has won 14 of his 15 professional bouts, with his solitary defeat coming against Gary Corcoran in July last year.
Against Greene, the Stoke Newington boxer will be putting his IBF European welterweight title on the line.
You may also want to watch:
Ekundayo won the strap in his last bout in July when beating Scotland’s John Thain on points.
*Former Lion amateur Louis Isaacs will be looking for a fourth straight win in the professional ranks when he faces Jamie Quinn at York Hall on Saturday.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 6 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 7 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 8 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 9 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog
- 10 Teenagers shot and stabbed in Hackney
The unbeaten 21-year-old was last in action in October when he beat Mohamed Mahmoud on points at the Tottenham Green Pools & Fitness Centre and will be looking to add to that this weekend.