Ekundayo wants to keep hold of European strap against Greene
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney welterweight Larry Ekundayo returns to the ring on Friday night on an MTK Global promotion at York Hall.
The 36-year-old faces Kent rival Louis Greene on a bill that will be shown love on BoxNation.
Ekundayo has won 14 of his 15 professional bouts, with his solitary defeat coming against Gary Corcoran in July last year.
Against Greene, the Stoke Newington boxer will be putting his IBF European welterweight title on the line.
You may also want to watch:
Ekundayo won the strap in his last bout in July when beating Scotland’s John Thain on points.
*Former Lion amateur Louis Isaacs will be looking for a fourth straight win in the professional ranks when he faces Jamie Quinn at York Hall on Saturday.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
- 10 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
The unbeaten 21-year-old was last in action in October when he beat Mohamed Mahmoud on points at the Tottenham Green Pools & Fitness Centre and will be looking to add to that this weekend.