Ekundayo wants to keep hold of European strap against Greene
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney welterweight Larry Ekundayo returns to the ring on Friday night on an MTK Global promotion at York Hall.
The 36-year-old faces Kent rival Louis Greene on a bill that will be shown love on BoxNation.
Ekundayo has won 14 of his 15 professional bouts, with his solitary defeat coming against Gary Corcoran in July last year.
Against Greene, the Stoke Newington boxer will be putting his IBF European welterweight title on the line.
Ekundayo won the strap in his last bout in July when beating Scotland’s John Thain on points.
*Former Lion amateur Louis Isaacs will be looking for a fourth straight win in the professional ranks when he faces Jamie Quinn at York Hall on Saturday.
- 1 Hackney strip bar could lose license after breaching Covid rules
- 2 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 3 More details emerge on antisemitic attack in Stamford Hill
- 4 'Nail-biting situation': Hundreds of Homerton's staff at risk of dismissal over Covid vaccines
- 5 Hackney mum and brain tumour patient to walk for charity dressed as duck
- 6 Teenager charged after Jewish men attacked in Stamford Hill
- 7 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 8 Two Jewish men hospitalised day before Holocaust Memorial Day
- 9 'Was she rank?': Met apologises for language used during Hackney strip search
- 10 Clapton football club campaigns to kick gambling out of football
The unbeaten 21-year-old was last in action in October when he beat Mohamed Mahmoud on points at the Tottenham Green Pools & Fitness Centre and will be looking to add to that this weekend.