Ekundayo beats Greene to retain European title
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Stoke Newington’s Larry Ekundayo retained his IBF European welterweight title with a points win over Louis Greene at York Hall on Saturday.
Though Ekundayo won on a wide decision by the three judges, all rounds were competitive and the Hackney man had to maintain his focus against a previously unbeaten rival.
The 36-year-old brought plenty of support for the bout at York Hall and said after: “Lewis was a tough kid.
“I hurt him a few times and I was told by my team to keep it simple, which is what I did.”
You may also want to watch:
It was a superb end to the year for Ekundayo and one that he hopes will form the basis for a successful year in 2019.
*Former Lion amateur Louis Isaacs earned a fourth straight win with a points victory over Stockport rival Jimmy Quinn at York Hall on Saturday.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 6 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 7 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 8 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 9 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog
Referee Lee Cook scored all four rounds in lightweight Isaacs favour to hand him the triumph.