El Valiente fight back to beat Bethune in cup clash

Action from Regent's Park Rovers' (red) 4-0 victory over South London Sharks in the Jack Morgan Cup.

Action from Regent's Park Rovers' (red) 4-0 victory over South London Sharks in the Jack Morgan Cup. Pic: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo - Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo

El Valiente staged a superb comeback to squeeze into the next round of the Dickie Davies Cup after a 3-2 win over Bethune.

Charlie Cox and Otis Thorne put Bethune 2-0 up before Aaron Marston’s brace and a further strike from John Head completed the turnaround.

In the Jack Morgan Cup, Regent’s Park Rovers are through after Keith Murray scored twice in a 4-0 win over South London Sharks. Jack Drinkwater and Martin Pelummy were also on target in a convincing win.

In the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division, Highfield are just outside the relegation zone after letting a two-goal lead slip in the 7-2 defeat to FC Niva.

Sheldon Alfonso and Ben Maluku had put Highfield in control, but Kay Smal’s hat-trick and two apiece for Tiki Sukheniak and Dorian Wasakmadze moved Niva above them.

You may also want to watch:

Mile End kept up their winning ways as Lee Smith scored a hat-trick in a 5-3 win over Tottenham Phoenix. Perry Dobkin and Richard Kadima were also on the scoresheet for End, while Tottenham responded through Mantel Gayle, David Olaoye and Elliot Crosby.

FC Bartlett remain top, however, after overcoming Mustard 3-1 with goals from Mikhail Hendricks, Lee Henegan and substitute Amor McClaren, while Orvaldo Kola’s brace helped Riviera to a 4-2 triumph over London Meteors.

Most Read

In Division One, Athletico Angels took an early lead against Dynamics with a Craig Andrews goal, but a treble from Marcus Renford and two from Ferhat Biloili consigned the Angels to a 5-1 defeat.

Birkbeck Orient A had Miles Creevy’s brace to thank as they beat league leaders Forest Athletic 3-2, with Mike Parker also on target for the promotion hopefuls.

James Defoe and Chris Davies replied for Forest, but it wasn’t enough to avoid a fourth league defeat of the season.

Wounded Knee beat Hackney Allstars 4-1, with Karim Ennoutti and Joshua Adebola among the goals.

In Division Two, John Barber scored a hat-trick as Top Red emphatically beat in-form Delta Athletic 7-1 with further strikes from Matt Westlake, Tom Velody, Henry Swales, and Tom Beardmore.

FC Stepney are still the only unbeaten team in the league after they beat BG United 6-1 as Yusuf Olinjie’s treble was backed up by John Ashman, substitute Nicky Maynard and a brace from Sam Cashman. Ricky Hanmore replied for BG, but they had little else to celebrate.

Quinine recorded their second point of the season with a 2-2 draw against Jay Cubed. Jayden Snowdon scored twice for the Cube but Nathaniel Holmes and Eddie Jones responded for Quinine.

Jack Barry are still searching for their second win of the season after falling to a 4-2 defeat against Tommy Flynn.

Jamie Cox was again on the scoresheet for Flynn, with David Adesina, Dwane Malcolm-Worrel and Dwane Marson also on target.

In Division Three, Ben Wheeler and Cieran Jones scored as Waltham Forest United beat Bocca Albion 2-0, while Boston Celtics overcame Maynell 3-2 with goals from Chris Grace, Burke and Leigh Hartley.

Goals by Jesse Joseph and Brinthan Varathalingham helped ELE FC secure their first win of the season with an impressive 2-0 triumph over Wojak Sunday.

James Matthews’ goal for Gladstone Wanderers was nowhere near enough as Mathew Enskin’s brace and further efforts from Joe Barber and Joe Price ensured a 4-1 success for FC BKT.

In Division Four, Boundary Estate returned to winning ways with a 4-0 victory over Eastway Olympia, courtesy of goals from George Gordon, two from Greg Double and another from Ben Harrison.

Bottom-of-the-table Bow Badgers closed the gap on their nearest rivals Dynamo Gobbler as Richard Oyne scored twice in a 3-0 win, while Tommy Maher and Metin Louden were on the scoresheet as Eagle FC recorded a 2-0 victory over Birkbeck Orient B to remain top.

Woodford Rovers’ promotion hopes suffered a dent as Wenlock Arms beat them 7-1 with Mohammed Mamoudi’s double and further strikes from Jamie Neil and Sendak Daniel adding to Harry Smyth’s four-goal haul.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter