Ellul double helps Clapton Rangers crush Phoenix
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Joseph Ellul netted a second-half brace as Clapton Rangers ran out 4-1 winners in their Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division game against Phoenix.
Brian Okwera and Adeyinka Cole put Rangers 2-0 up at the break and Ellul’s double sealed the points, although Phoenix’s A Yaslem scored a last-minute consolation.
A goal in each half from Dylan McEvoy ensured that RL United recorded their first win of the season, edging out Mile End 2-1, while Sacha Prigg hit an early volley to earn Shakespeare victory against New Kuba.
Max Volosin was among the scorers as Niva-Unistream got back on track with a 2-1 victory over Tottenham Phoenix.
In Division One, Forest Athletic secured their first success of the season with a 3-1 victory over Wounded Knee thanks to a Bradley Donovan brace and one from Aaron Johnson, while Athletico Angels and Dynamics FC shared the spoils in an entertaining 1-1 draw.
You may also want to watch:
Tope Olategu hit a brace but it wasn’t enough to earn victory for Newcresse, as they went down to a 4-3 defeat at the hands of Heegan FC, courtesy of a double from Abou Lami.
Birkbeck Orient romped to a 5-0 victory over Bristow City in their Division Two clash, with Ross Kerwood, Miles Creevi, Mike Long, Jhavangiv Burford and Jermaine Campbell all finding the net.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 5 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 8 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 9 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
S Moorem’s brace helped Shoreditch Fire Penguins to an entertaining 4-4 draw with Jay Cubed, and FC Grove ran out 4-0 winners against the deflated City Fliers.
Elsewhere in the division, Delta Athletic edged past Walthamstow Village in a 3-2 win thanks to two from Sultan Abbas and one from Daniel Colley.
In Division Three, Boston Celtic romped to a 6-2 victory over Football Club 22 and goals from Stuart Taggart, Max Loverlands and Will Salard handed Regent’s Park Rovers a 3-0 win over Gladstone Wanderers.
Two goals apiece for Alex Bocking and Craig Raddon ensured Stratford Athletic enjoyed a 5-2 win over Wenlock Arms, while Borough United triumphed 5-1 against Top Red.
Wojack Sunday ran out 3-2 winners over Birkbeck Orient B in Division Four thanks to two from Ian Ogilvie and Jason Rowe’s single strike.
A hat-trick from Devayne Eaton and doubles for Tom Porter and Darcy Byran meant East London condemned Bow Badgers to a 7-0 thumping.
Dynamo Gobbler swept aside Eastway Olympia in a 3-1 win, with Tom Rosenthal, Sean Convery and Tom Cussen all finding the net.
And South London Sharks showed their predatory nature after goals from Sam Upton, Stuart Leslie and Chris Breen felled Waltham Forest in a 3-1 win.