Essex Senior League: Hackney Wick chasing success at West Essex
- Credit: Archant
Wickers on the road in Good Friday fixture
Hackney Wick will hope it really is a Good Friday when they make the trip to West Essex in the Essex Senior League.
The Wickers have not won either of their last two games in the division and continue to prop up the standings.
However, the Old Spotted Dog outfit could give their loyal fans something to cheer with a win against West Essex on Friday.
Hackney suffered a 2-0 defeat at Enfield in the league on Monday night, which followed a 4-0 home loss against Sawbridgeworth Town on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The Wickers will hope they can at least trouble the scorers this weekend as they look to keep their survival hopes alive.
With eight games remaining this term for Wick and a possible 24 points left to play for, they are currently 12 points adrift of safety, with four teams set for relegation.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
Hackney will hope they can at least close that gap with a victory at Mayesbrook Park on Friday and remain in the hunt to stay up in the Essex Senior League.