Essex Senior League: Hackney Wick eye bumper crowd for final game of 2017 at home to Waltham Forest
- Credit: Archant
Two of the divisions strugglers go head-to-head at the Old Spotted Dog with both clubs desperate for points
Hackney Wick are set to play their final match of 2017 this weekend and owner Bobby Kasanga is hoping to see a bumper crowd behind them.
The Old Spotted Dog club host fellow strugglers Waltham Forest with the two teams separated by just five points near the bottom of the Essex Senior League table.
Wick are 20th out of 21 sides heading into the Christmas period and not even a win, unless it was by eight goals, on Saturday would see them move up the standings, but it will surely boost spirits going into 2018.
Kasanga said: “It’s the last match of the year for your local semi-professional team this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“With the Wickets fighting off relegation, we hope to get a much-needed three points with your support.
“Please come down and cheer on Hackney’s very own team and remember our Borough, our club! Free entrance for all. Merry Christmas everyone.”
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
Wick’s match at Stansted last weekend was postponed due to an unplayable surface.