Essex Senior League: Hackney Wick fightback at Wadham Lodge earns Tolga Dervish his first points as manager
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Wadham Lodge 1 Hackney Wick 3
Tolga Dervish finally saw his Hackney Wick team get off the mark under his tenure, as they produced a strong second-half display to win 3-1 at Wadham Lodge in the Essex Senior League last night.
It seemed like being another long evening for the Old Spotted Dog club, as the hosts took the lead in the first 45 and dominated most of the play before the break.
Stefan Nielsen fired in for Lodge after a cross to the near post and the struggling side really should have doubled their advantage before half time.
They didn’t, however, and Tobi Adesina equalised for Wick when the visitors broke quickly from a free kick and the forward poked into the corner.
You may also want to watch:
It was cruel on Lodge, although the away side pressed home their advantage after the interval with substitute Robert Gaweda lobbing the Lodge goalkeeper to put the visitors in front.
With time running out, the hosts pushed for a way back into the match, but Dervish’s side made it 3-1 when Jermaine Nicholson smashed in at the death.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 5 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 7 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
Wick were able to reflect on an excellent night, as they recorded their second win of the campaign, but first under their new manager after four consecutive defeats.
The Old Spotted Dog club will look to build on this on Saturday away to Takeley, although they know they can expect a tough contest at Station Road.