Essex Senior League: Hackney Wick fightback at Wadham Lodge earns Tolga Dervish his first points as manager
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Wadham Lodge 1 Hackney Wick 3
Tolga Dervish finally saw his Hackney Wick team get off the mark under his tenure, as they produced a strong second-half display to win 3-1 at Wadham Lodge in the Essex Senior League last night.
It seemed like being another long evening for the Old Spotted Dog club, as the hosts took the lead in the first 45 and dominated most of the play before the break.
Stefan Nielsen fired in for Lodge after a cross to the near post and the struggling side really should have doubled their advantage before half time.
They didn’t, however, and Tobi Adesina equalised for Wick when the visitors broke quickly from a free kick and the forward poked into the corner.
You may also want to watch:
It was cruel on Lodge, although the away side pressed home their advantage after the interval with substitute Robert Gaweda lobbing the Lodge goalkeeper to put the visitors in front.
With time running out, the hosts pushed for a way back into the match, but Dervish’s side made it 3-1 when Jermaine Nicholson smashed in at the death.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 10 Hackney CEO to retire after 40 years in local government
Wick were able to reflect on an excellent night, as they recorded their second win of the campaign, but first under their new manager after four consecutive defeats.
The Old Spotted Dog club will look to build on this on Saturday away to Takeley, although they know they can expect a tough contest at Station Road.