Essex Senior League: Hackney Wick hope to avoid further weather woe against Southend Manor
- Credit: Archant
Wickers were due to visit West Essex on Good Friday, but saw game postponed
Hackney Wick will hope for better luck with the weather this week after having their game called off on Good Friday.
The Wickers had been due to visit West Essex in the Essex Senior League that week, but that match was postponed, with the match now set to take place on April 24.
The Old Spotted Dog outfit will hope there are no such problems for their clash at home to Southend Manor on Wednesday.
Hackney are then back in action on Saturday when they entertain Ilford, also in the league.
You may also want to watch:
The Wickers will hope their games this week see them end their three-game wait for a win, stretching back to March 13 when they beat tenants Clapton 2-1.
The Old Spotted Dog team remain rooted to the bottom of the table and look set to suffer the agony of relegation this term.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
Regardless, Hackney will still want to end the campaign on a high, hopefully starting with wins in their two fixtures this week.