Essex Senior League: Hackney Wick hope to avoid further weather woe against Southend Manor
- Credit: Archant
Wickers were due to visit West Essex on Good Friday, but saw game postponed
Hackney Wick will hope for better luck with the weather this week after having their game called off on Good Friday.
The Wickers had been due to visit West Essex in the Essex Senior League that week, but that match was postponed, with the match now set to take place on April 24.
The Old Spotted Dog outfit will hope there are no such problems for their clash at home to Southend Manor on Wednesday.
Hackney are then back in action on Saturday when they entertain Ilford, also in the league.
You may also want to watch:
The Wickers will hope their games this week see them end their three-game wait for a win, stretching back to March 13 when they beat tenants Clapton 2-1.
The Old Spotted Dog team remain rooted to the bottom of the table and look set to suffer the agony of relegation this term.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
Regardless, Hackney will still want to end the campaign on a high, hopefully starting with wins in their two fixtures this week.