Essex Senior League: Hackney Wick ready for special derby with Clapton
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Hackney Wick host Clapton on Saturday and as part of Non-League Day, they’ll donate 50 per cent of their match takings to the charity Scope
Hackney Wick’s tough start to life in the Essex Senior League continued this week with two more defeats.
Dervish Tolga’s team earned just their third win of the new campaign on September 22 at Woodford Town, but have not been able to build on that rare success.
Wick put up a brave effort last Tuesday (September 26) at home to AFC Wimbledon in the first round of the London Senior Cup, but lost 2-0 in front of 128 spectators.
After that defeat, the Old Spotted Dog outfit were keen to bounce back when they entertained Stansted, but fell to another reverse.
You may also want to watch:
Tolga’s side took the lead, but conceded once before the break and then again eight minutes from time to lose 2-1 last weekend at home.
Wick then visited local foes Barkingside on Monday and suffered a 3-0 defeat, which leaves them with 10 points from their opening 12 games.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 6 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 9 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- 10 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
Next up for the Old Spotted Dog outfit is a ‘home’ clash with their landlords Clapton in the league this weekend.