Essex Senior League: Hackney Wick ready for special derby with Clapton
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Hackney Wick host Clapton on Saturday and as part of Non-League Day, they’ll donate 50 per cent of their match takings to the charity Scope
Hackney Wick’s tough start to life in the Essex Senior League continued this week with two more defeats.
Dervish Tolga’s team earned just their third win of the new campaign on September 22 at Woodford Town, but have not been able to build on that rare success.
Wick put up a brave effort last Tuesday (September 26) at home to AFC Wimbledon in the first round of the London Senior Cup, but lost 2-0 in front of 128 spectators.
After that defeat, the Old Spotted Dog outfit were keen to bounce back when they entertained Stansted, but fell to another reverse.
You may also want to watch:
Tolga’s side took the lead, but conceded once before the break and then again eight minutes from time to lose 2-1 last weekend at home.
Wick then visited local foes Barkingside on Monday and suffered a 3-0 defeat, which leaves them with 10 points from their opening 12 games.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 3 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 4 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 5 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 7 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 8 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 9 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Mosaic unveiled at near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
Next up for the Old Spotted Dog outfit is a ‘home’ clash with their landlords Clapton in the league this weekend.