Essex Senior League: Hackney Wick ready for special derby with Clapton
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Hackney Wick host Clapton on Saturday and as part of Non-League Day, they’ll donate 50 per cent of their match takings to the charity Scope
Hackney Wick’s tough start to life in the Essex Senior League continued this week with two more defeats.
Dervish Tolga’s team earned just their third win of the new campaign on September 22 at Woodford Town, but have not been able to build on that rare success.
Wick put up a brave effort last Tuesday (September 26) at home to AFC Wimbledon in the first round of the London Senior Cup, but lost 2-0 in front of 128 spectators.
After that defeat, the Old Spotted Dog outfit were keen to bounce back when they entertained Stansted, but fell to another reverse.
You may also want to watch:
Tolga’s side took the lead, but conceded once before the break and then again eight minutes from time to lose 2-1 last weekend at home.
Wick then visited local foes Barkingside on Monday and suffered a 3-0 defeat, which leaves them with 10 points from their opening 12 games.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Next up for the Old Spotted Dog outfit is a ‘home’ clash with their landlords Clapton in the league this weekend.