Essex Senior League: West Essex 1 Hackney Wick 3
- Credit: Archant
Hackney Wick capped off their season with a 3-1 win against seventh-place West Essex.
The Wickers despite finishing bottom of the Essex Senior League table and being relegated put in some strong performances in the final two months of the season with the trip to Mayesbrook Park on Tuesday being one of them.
They got off a strong start and took a 0-3 lead with one of the goals coming from striker Tony Cookey.
West Essex did pull one back in the 75th minute thanks to Michael Mignot who sent the ball into the back of the net from a Brad Russell pass.
Striker Tony Cookey tweeted after the match: “What a season it has been started with a goal and finished with a goal.
You may also want to watch:
“God’s plan also thanks God for an injury free season,22 goals, 18+ assists, six man of the matches.
“Keep the fire burning and also thanks to Barkingside, Ilford and Hackney Wick.”
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction