Essex Senior League: West Essex 1 Hackney Wick 3
- Credit: Archant
Hackney Wick capped off their season with a 3-1 win against seventh-place West Essex.
The Wickers despite finishing bottom of the Essex Senior League table and being relegated put in some strong performances in the final two months of the season with the trip to Mayesbrook Park on Tuesday being one of them.
They got off a strong start and took a 0-3 lead with one of the goals coming from striker Tony Cookey.
West Essex did pull one back in the 75th minute thanks to Michael Mignot who sent the ball into the back of the net from a Brad Russell pass.
Striker Tony Cookey tweeted after the match: “What a season it has been started with a goal and finished with a goal.
You may also want to watch:
“God’s plan also thanks God for an injury free season,22 goals, 18+ assists, six man of the matches.
“Keep the fire burning and also thanks to Barkingside, Ilford and Hackney Wick.”
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding