Essex Senior League: West Essex 1 Hackney Wick 3
- Credit: Archant
Hackney Wick capped off their season with a 3-1 win against seventh-place West Essex.
The Wickers despite finishing bottom of the Essex Senior League table and being relegated put in some strong performances in the final two months of the season with the trip to Mayesbrook Park on Tuesday being one of them.
They got off a strong start and took a 0-3 lead with one of the goals coming from striker Tony Cookey.
West Essex did pull one back in the 75th minute thanks to Michael Mignot who sent the ball into the back of the net from a Brad Russell pass.
Striker Tony Cookey tweeted after the match: “What a season it has been started with a goal and finished with a goal.
You may also want to watch:
“God’s plan also thanks God for an injury free season,22 goals, 18+ assists, six man of the matches.
“Keep the fire burning and also thanks to Barkingside, Ilford and Hackney Wick.”
- 1 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 2 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 3 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 4 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 Mural competition launched for Homerton green corridor
- 7 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site
- 8 Cargo bike sharing comes to Stoke Newington, London Fields and Shoreditch
- 9 No queues or check outs at Dalston's new Amazon Fresh store
- 10 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months