Ex-Lion amateur Cox beats Georgiev on points
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
British super bantamweight picked up his fourth win in the paid ranks
Former Lion amateur Sam Cox maintained his unbeaten record as a professional with a points win over Georgi Georgiev at The O2 Arena on Saturday night.
The super bantamweight rivals met on a packed Matchroom bill in the capital, headlined by David Allen’s stoppage of heavyweight foe Lucas Browne.
Having won his first three fights since joining the paid ranks in July 2017, Cox was looking for victory number four.
The 24-year-old was in control from the off against his Bulgarian opponent and was declared a 40-37 winner on referee Chas Coakley’s card.
You may also want to watch:
It was another important win for Cox as he seeks to keep learning his ring-craft in the professional game.
The super bantamweight will now look for a swift return to ring action in the summer as he aims to keep climbing the rankings.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
And Cox knows that to do that, he must keep racking up the wins against testing opponents.