Ex-Lion amateur Cox beats Georgiev on points
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
British super bantamweight picked up his fourth win in the paid ranks
Former Lion amateur Sam Cox maintained his unbeaten record as a professional with a points win over Georgi Georgiev at The O2 Arena on Saturday night.
The super bantamweight rivals met on a packed Matchroom bill in the capital, headlined by David Allen’s stoppage of heavyweight foe Lucas Browne.
Having won his first three fights since joining the paid ranks in July 2017, Cox was looking for victory number four.
The 24-year-old was in control from the off against his Bulgarian opponent and was declared a 40-37 winner on referee Chas Coakley’s card.
You may also want to watch:
It was another important win for Cox as he seeks to keep learning his ring-craft in the professional game.
The super bantamweight will now look for a swift return to ring action in the summer as he aims to keep climbing the rankings.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
And Cox knows that to do that, he must keep racking up the wins against testing opponents.