Ex-Lion amateur Cox beats Georgiev on points
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
British super bantamweight picked up his fourth win in the paid ranks
Former Lion amateur Sam Cox maintained his unbeaten record as a professional with a points win over Georgi Georgiev at The O2 Arena on Saturday night.
The super bantamweight rivals met on a packed Matchroom bill in the capital, headlined by David Allen’s stoppage of heavyweight foe Lucas Browne.
Having won his first three fights since joining the paid ranks in July 2017, Cox was looking for victory number four.
The 24-year-old was in control from the off against his Bulgarian opponent and was declared a 40-37 winner on referee Chas Coakley’s card.
You may also want to watch:
It was another important win for Cox as he seeks to keep learning his ring-craft in the professional game.
The super bantamweight will now look for a swift return to ring action in the summer as he aims to keep climbing the rankings.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex
And Cox knows that to do that, he must keep racking up the wins against testing opponents.