Ex-Lion amateur Cox beats Georgiev on points
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
British super bantamweight picked up his fourth win in the paid ranks
Former Lion amateur Sam Cox maintained his unbeaten record as a professional with a points win over Georgi Georgiev at The O2 Arena on Saturday night.
The super bantamweight rivals met on a packed Matchroom bill in the capital, headlined by David Allen’s stoppage of heavyweight foe Lucas Browne.
Having won his first three fights since joining the paid ranks in July 2017, Cox was looking for victory number four.
The 24-year-old was in control from the off against his Bulgarian opponent and was declared a 40-37 winner on referee Chas Coakley’s card.
You may also want to watch:
It was another important win for Cox as he seeks to keep learning his ring-craft in the professional game.
The super bantamweight will now look for a swift return to ring action in the summer as he aims to keep climbing the rankings.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
And Cox knows that to do that, he must keep racking up the wins against testing opponents.