Ex-Lion amateur Cox to make ring return on April 20
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Former Lion amateur Sam Cox is set to return to the ring on a Matchroom show at The O2 on April 20.
The super bantamweight is due to take part on a packed show that is headlined by the heavyweight clash between British hope David Allen and Lucas Browne of Australia.
The 24-year-old is unbeaten in three bouts since turning professional in July 2017, with all of his fights taking place at York Hall in Bethnal Green.
Cox’s most recent bout was in March of this year when he stopped Bulgarian rival Georgi Andonov in the first round of their contest.
You may also want to watch:
For his next bout, the super bantamweight will leave York Hall behind for the first time and take to a much larger stage at The O2 later this month.
The packed card, which will be screened by Sky Sports, also features Joe Cordina, Dereck Chisora, Josh Kelly, Conor Benn and Shannon Courtenay.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 8 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
It promises to be another exciting night of boxing for fans of the sport in the London area.