Ex-Lion amateur Cox to make ring return on April 20
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Former Lion amateur Sam Cox is set to return to the ring on a Matchroom show at The O2 on April 20.
The super bantamweight is due to take part on a packed show that is headlined by the heavyweight clash between British hope David Allen and Lucas Browne of Australia.
The 24-year-old is unbeaten in three bouts since turning professional in July 2017, with all of his fights taking place at York Hall in Bethnal Green.
Cox’s most recent bout was in March of this year when he stopped Bulgarian rival Georgi Andonov in the first round of their contest.
You may also want to watch:
For his next bout, the super bantamweight will leave York Hall behind for the first time and take to a much larger stage at The O2 later this month.
The packed card, which will be screened by Sky Sports, also features Joe Cordina, Dereck Chisora, Josh Kelly, Conor Benn and Shannon Courtenay.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
It promises to be another exciting night of boxing for fans of the sport in the London area.