Ex-Lion amateur Cox to make ring return on April 20
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Former Lion amateur Sam Cox is set to return to the ring on a Matchroom show at The O2 on April 20.
The super bantamweight is due to take part on a packed show that is headlined by the heavyweight clash between British hope David Allen and Lucas Browne of Australia.
The 24-year-old is unbeaten in three bouts since turning professional in July 2017, with all of his fights taking place at York Hall in Bethnal Green.
Cox’s most recent bout was in March of this year when he stopped Bulgarian rival Georgi Andonov in the first round of their contest.
You may also want to watch:
For his next bout, the super bantamweight will leave York Hall behind for the first time and take to a much larger stage at The O2 later this month.
The packed card, which will be screened by Sky Sports, also features Joe Cordina, Dereck Chisora, Josh Kelly, Conor Benn and Shannon Courtenay.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
It promises to be another exciting night of boxing for fans of the sport in the London area.