Mixed emotions for ex-Lion pair as Webber wins, but Isaacs sees his bout called off
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
There were mixed emotions for two former Lion amateurs on a Sinfield Star promotion at York Hall on Saturday.
Middleweight William Webber and lightweight Louis Isaacs were both due for action at the iconic venue.
Of the pair, only Webber stepped into the ring as Isaacs scheduled bout was sadly called off.
The 20-year-old Webber took on Bulgarian rival Tsvetozar Iliev and picked up a comfortable points success, winning all four rounds in the process.
You may also want to watch:
The victory for the ex-Lion amateur took Webber’s record to four wins and one defeat since his first professional bout in September last year.
Isaacs, meanwhile, had been due to take on Dylan Draper, but was instead left with a free Saturday to contemplate.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 9 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
The 21-year-old has swiftly put that disappointment behind him by quickly arranging his next bout against Cardiff’s Rhys Saunders on December 15, which is also due to take place at York Hall.