Mixed emotions for ex-Lion pair as Webber wins, but Isaacs sees his bout called off
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
There were mixed emotions for two former Lion amateurs on a Sinfield Star promotion at York Hall on Saturday.
Middleweight William Webber and lightweight Louis Isaacs were both due for action at the iconic venue.
Of the pair, only Webber stepped into the ring as Isaacs scheduled bout was sadly called off.
The 20-year-old Webber took on Bulgarian rival Tsvetozar Iliev and picked up a comfortable points success, winning all four rounds in the process.
You may also want to watch:
The victory for the ex-Lion amateur took Webber’s record to four wins and one defeat since his first professional bout in September last year.
Isaacs, meanwhile, had been due to take on Dylan Draper, but was instead left with a free Saturday to contemplate.
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
The 21-year-old has swiftly put that disappointment behind him by quickly arranging his next bout against Cardiff’s Rhys Saunders on December 15, which is also due to take place at York Hall.