Football: Grassroots players encouraged to use MyLocalPitch to book venues
- Credit: Archant
App can help footballers in Hackney
Footballers in Hackney are being encouraged to kick off the New Year in style by booking pitches online for 2018.
The borough has a rich history in grassroots football, with the famous Hackney Marshes synonymous with this level of the beautiful game.
There are numerous places to enjoy a match around Hackney and booking service MyLocalPitch has created a useful map to highlight some of the options available, including indoor, outdoor, small-sided or 11-a-side venues.
Each venue can easily be booked online or through an iOS app, which offers a ‘Search by Time’ feature that allows Londoners to fit a match in around their lives.
Launched four years ago, MyLocalPitch has helped encourage players to be more active by making it easier to play their best-loved sports.
You may also want to watch:
The service is built to provide easy and affordable pay-as-you-play access to football pitches and courts using innovative technology.
The venues available to book in Hackney are: Baden Powell Primary School; Mabley Green; Hackney Marshes; Rosemary Gardens; Haggerston Park; Blue Hut Youth Centre; Haggerston School; and Powerleague Shoreditch.
• MyLocalPitch’s ongoing mission is getting more people into all sports. If football is not your thing, then there are another 15 sports to choose from on the booking platform.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home