Football: Grassroots players encouraged to use MyLocalPitch to book venues
- Credit: Archant
App can help footballers in Hackney
Footballers in Hackney are being encouraged to kick off the New Year in style by booking pitches online for 2018.
The borough has a rich history in grassroots football, with the famous Hackney Marshes synonymous with this level of the beautiful game.
There are numerous places to enjoy a match around Hackney and booking service MyLocalPitch has created a useful map to highlight some of the options available, including indoor, outdoor, small-sided or 11-a-side venues.
Each venue can easily be booked online or through an iOS app, which offers a ‘Search by Time’ feature that allows Londoners to fit a match in around their lives.
Launched four years ago, MyLocalPitch has helped encourage players to be more active by making it easier to play their best-loved sports.
You may also want to watch:
The service is built to provide easy and affordable pay-as-you-play access to football pitches and courts using innovative technology.
The venues available to book in Hackney are: Baden Powell Primary School; Mabley Green; Hackney Marshes; Rosemary Gardens; Haggerston Park; Blue Hut Youth Centre; Haggerston School; and Powerleague Shoreditch.
• MyLocalPitch’s ongoing mission is getting more people into all sports. If football is not your thing, then there are another 15 sports to choose from on the booking platform.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web