Forbes’ rich list of goals keeps Phoenix in pole position
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Ashley Forbes netted four goals as Phoenix FC cemented their position at the top of the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division by thrashing Albion Manor 9-0.
Jamie Killingback also weighed in with a hat-trick, with Robert O’Brien scoring the other two to keep Phoenix clear of Mustard FC, who moved up to second place by beating Niva-Unistream 3-0.
Dean Phillips and Ben Kerry put Mustard two goals up at half-time and Gary Silvera sealed the win in the 80th minute.
Isaac Flether, Vincent Williams and Nze Onyekwelu were on target for FC Bartlett in their 3-1 victory over RL United, while Black Meteors moved up the table after defeating Hackney Borough 4-2.
Enoch Boateng scored twice, with Richard Owusu and Augustine Adu-Poku also on the mark, while Red Devils and Tottenham Phoenix shared the points in an entertaining 2-2 draw.
You may also want to watch:
Ibb Saz Jr and Emrah Coskungonuk both hit braces as Dynamics FC went two points clear at the top of Division One after holding off Homerton Rangers for a 4-2 victory.
Lee Greenaway and Patrick Powell were on target for Rangers, while previous leaders Shakespeare FC surrendered top spot after sharing 10 goals with FC Polit.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 8 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 9 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
Charlie Wells netted twice for Shakespeare, with Wesley Erskine, Sach Prigg and Tommy White also on the scoresheet. Polit’s goals came from John Moore (2), G Moore, E Peace and C Samuel.
Ken King’s double helped Newcresse FC to a 4-2 victory over Wounded Knee, whose goals both came from Russell Hughes, while Hackney FC and Highfield FC fought out a 2-2 draw.
Forest Athletic leapfrogged previous Division Two leaders Jay Cubed by beating them 3-1, while Walthamstow Village moved up to second place with a 5-1 hammering of Azzurri 1.
Goals from Jake Flynn, Jack Cassidy, George Martin and Dean Woodley earned Angel & Crown a 4-1 win over NLM, while Andrew Brookbank hit a hat-trick as Athletico Angels overcame Bristow City 3-1.
Michael Long struck four goals, with Jon Millard also on the mark as Division Three leaders Birkbeck retained the league’s only 100 per cent record by routing second-placed FC Duchess 5-0.
Joe Hanmor also scored four as Regent’s Park Rovers recorded their first win of the season, a 5-2 success against Boca Albion. FC Walthamstow beat Stratford Athletic 4-0, with goals from Shane Campbell, John Mansford, Windell Foster and Paul Nweze.
Lee Hall scored twice, with Bradley Carter, Ian Bruce, Andre Martin and Haseeb Safi also on target as Division Four front-runners Wojak Sunday overcame Eastway Olympia 6-2.
Daniel Moniero racked up five goals and Lee Brown hit a hat-trick as Maynell FC demolished Bow Badgers 12-1, with Terry Brown, Scott Campbell, Mus Lengiz and Hamedine Ba also on the scoresheet.