Frida Maanum 'very happy' she choose to join Arsenal
- Credit: PA
Frida Maanum says she is 'very happy' that she choose to join Arsenal this summer after making a bright start to her career at the Gunners.
Maanum has played key roles In the Champions League and the two opening Women’s Super League wins over Chelsea and Reading.
“I'm very happy that I ended up joining Arsenal. When choosing a team to join, the important factor for me was, which players they have, how they want to play football, Arsenal style suits me well.
“There are top players in every position, so there’s a noticeable increase of the pace in training.
"In the beginning, it was a bit hard to adjust, but it's incredibly fun to be able to compete with the best every day and feel that you're developing."
You may also want to watch:
Maanum who played her 39th international match when Norway rolled over Armenia in the first World Cup qualifier and won 10-0 last Thursday has already made a great impression with the Gunners faithful.
National team manager Martin Sjögren believes Maanum has made a good career choice.
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 3 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 4 De Beauvoir residents to vote on estate regeneration in planning policy dry run
- 5 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 6 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 7 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 8 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 9 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 10 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
“She went from Norwegian football to the Swedish league when Linköping was a top team, she established herself there and was very good the last two seasons.
"It made it possible to take the next step,not everyone works just as thoroughly when changing clubs and not everyone has the opportunity to choose either but Maanum's career planning has been absolutely excellent.”
He went on to add: “Jonas Eidevall was interested in bringing Frida to Rosengård when he trained them. He has a good eye for Frida and sees that she fits well with his playing style.
"Now she can test herself against better players than in Sweden both in matches and training.
"It's evolving for her and it's cool to see that things are going so well for Frida.”