Goal king Cole hits hat-trick as Clapton Rangers beat Bartlett
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Ade Cole grabbed all three goals as Clapton Rangers got back on track in the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division with a 3-1 victory over champions FC Bartlett.
Cole scored twice in the first half, making it 3-0 after the break and, although Amor McLaren pulled a goal back, Rangers goalkeeper Oguz Celik made certain of the points by saving two penalties.
Giovanni Falzone netted six times for Phoenix in their 8-4 win against Tottenham Phoenix, whose goals were shared out equally by Menalick Richards and Michael Boateng.
There were hat-tricks for Troy Deering and Terry Butler as Shakespeare overcame London Meteors 7-3 in another goal-laden contest, with Jose Agua scoring twice for the Meteors.
Goals from Robert Mansfield and Pat White earned RL United a 2-0 win over Mustard, while Mile End are still searching for their first victory after going down 5-3 to Niva-Unistream.
You may also want to watch:
Max Voloskin netted twice for Niva, while Jason Burwood accounted for two of Mile End’s goals – and the third came courtesy of a long clearance by their goalkeeper Amander Hall.
James Alawi found the net four times for South London Sharks as they remained undefeated in Division Four with a 9-0 thrashing of Eastway Olympia. Chris Breen and Graham Dodds scored two apiece.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
Tom Harney hit a hat-trick and Terrel Alleyne added the other two as Football Club 22 beat Division One leaders MDM United to reach the second round of the Jack Walpole Cup.
There were also trebles for Heegan duo Abdinasir Hash and Mustafa Hashi as their side hammered Gladstone Wanderers 7-1, while FC Grove progressed with a 12-3 victory over Bethune FC.
Duncan Coombs and Tom Collins were among the scorers for Shoreditch Fire Penguins in their 4-1 success against Boston Celtics, while Forest Athletic edged out Jay Cubed 3-2.
Gayo Ajatula’s second-half volley was enough to earn Borough United victory over Maynell, while Top Red led fellow Division Three side Chapel on four occasions before eventually losing out 5-4 in extra time.
Harry Swales netted a hat-trick for Top Red, with Ali Lambert scoring their other two, but Chris Mulroy’s double, along with a goal apiece for Joe Seabrook, Paul Wiggins and Clint Edwards, tilted the tie in Chapel’s favour.
Scott Freelaw and Owen Powell both hit braces as City Fliers defeated Renaissance 4-1, while goals from Darren Oaberor, Jack Downing and Shane Janvier helped Woodford Rovers to a 3-1 win over Newcresse.
Two goals apiece from Russell Hughes and Tim Jopling secured a 4-2 success for Wounded Knee against Athletico Angels, with Mark Beare and Andrew Brockbank replying.
Regent’s Park Rovers also progressed to the next round, with Mical Stennett, Stuart Taggert, Paul Morris and Tyler Hatton all on the mark in their 4-2 win over East London, whose scorers were Jay Phull and Curwin Hutson.