Hackney Aquatics duo deliver medals
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters make podiums at London Championships
Hackney Aquatics youngsters got among the medals at the London Youth Championships at the London Aquatics Centre.
A squad of nine aged 15 and over competed in a combined 31 events and reached 10 finals against some of the best swimmers in the region.
And as well as setting a host of new personal bests, the Hackney squad saw Lily Girardet, 15, win silver in the 200m backstroke in 2.28.52 and Zach Zeldin Steinmann, 16, take bronze in his 50m backstroke in 30.00.
Marlow DePeza Purvis recorded big personal bests in reaching finals, while Fran Beaumont also got throug, but Joe Freeman just missed out despite setting new personal bests in all five of his races.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Rick Hall said: “The team have made huge improvements from their Championships last year and now move on to the younger Age Group Championships in two weeks’ time where we will have 12 swimmers competing.”
For more information about the Hackney Aquatics squads, Masters or new Learn to Swim Academy visit hackneyaquaticsclub.org or email email@example.com.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed