Hackney Aquatics duo deliver medals
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters make podiums at London Championships
Hackney Aquatics youngsters got among the medals at the London Youth Championships at the London Aquatics Centre.
A squad of nine aged 15 and over competed in a combined 31 events and reached 10 finals against some of the best swimmers in the region.
And as well as setting a host of new personal bests, the Hackney squad saw Lily Girardet, 15, win silver in the 200m backstroke in 2.28.52 and Zach Zeldin Steinmann, 16, take bronze in his 50m backstroke in 30.00.
Marlow DePeza Purvis recorded big personal bests in reaching finals, while Fran Beaumont also got throug, but Joe Freeman just missed out despite setting new personal bests in all five of his races.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Rick Hall said: “The team have made huge improvements from their Championships last year and now move on to the younger Age Group Championships in two weeks’ time where we will have 12 swimmers competing.”
For more information about the Hackney Aquatics squads, Masters or new Learn to Swim Academy visit hackneyaquaticsclub.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta