Hackney Aquatics duo deliver medals
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters make podiums at London Championships
Hackney Aquatics youngsters got among the medals at the London Youth Championships at the London Aquatics Centre.
A squad of nine aged 15 and over competed in a combined 31 events and reached 10 finals against some of the best swimmers in the region.
And as well as setting a host of new personal bests, the Hackney squad saw Lily Girardet, 15, win silver in the 200m backstroke in 2.28.52 and Zach Zeldin Steinmann, 16, take bronze in his 50m backstroke in 30.00.
Marlow DePeza Purvis recorded big personal bests in reaching finals, while Fran Beaumont also got throug, but Joe Freeman just missed out despite setting new personal bests in all five of his races.
Head coach Rick Hall said: “The team have made huge improvements from their Championships last year and now move on to the younger Age Group Championships in two weeks’ time where we will have 12 swimmers competing.”
For more information about the Hackney Aquatics squads, Masters or new Learn to Swim Academy visit hackneyaquaticsclub.org or email email@example.com.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 2 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 3 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 4 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 5 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 6 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 9 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 10 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney