Maxwell and Woodstock primed for action in Leicester
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney-born pair Sam Maxwell and Lyon Woodstock are due for action on a Frank Warren show at the Morningside Arena in Leicester on Saturday.
Maxwell is due to fight for the first time in 2019 when he takes on Spain’s Kelvin Dotel for the vacant WBO European super lightweight title.
Should the 30-year-old Maxwell triumph this weekend, he will hold a title for the first time since joining the professional ranks in October 2016.
Maxwell was last in action in December when he stopped British rival Jamie Quinn in the first round of their bout in Manchester.
You may also want to watch:
Woodstock, meanwhile, will be making his return to the ring after losing his unbeaten record to British rival Archie Sharp in his last bout in October.
The 25-year-old will be hoping he can return to winning ways with a success this weekend on a stacked bill that will be screened live on BT Sport.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
A exciting night of boxing lies ahead for both.