Maxwell and Woodstock primed for action in Leicester
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney-born pair Sam Maxwell and Lyon Woodstock are due for action on a Frank Warren show at the Morningside Arena in Leicester on Saturday.
Maxwell is due to fight for the first time in 2019 when he takes on Spain’s Kelvin Dotel for the vacant WBO European super lightweight title.
Should the 30-year-old Maxwell triumph this weekend, he will hold a title for the first time since joining the professional ranks in October 2016.
Maxwell was last in action in December when he stopped British rival Jamie Quinn in the first round of their bout in Manchester.
You may also want to watch:
Woodstock, meanwhile, will be making his return to the ring after losing his unbeaten record to British rival Archie Sharp in his last bout in October.
The 25-year-old will be hoping he can return to winning ways with a success this weekend on a stacked bill that will be screened live on BT Sport.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 10 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
A exciting night of boxing lies ahead for both.