Maxwell and Woodstock primed for action in Leicester
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney-born pair Sam Maxwell and Lyon Woodstock are due for action on a Frank Warren show at the Morningside Arena in Leicester on Saturday.
Maxwell is due to fight for the first time in 2019 when he takes on Spain’s Kelvin Dotel for the vacant WBO European super lightweight title.
Should the 30-year-old Maxwell triumph this weekend, he will hold a title for the first time since joining the professional ranks in October 2016.
Maxwell was last in action in December when he stopped British rival Jamie Quinn in the first round of their bout in Manchester.
You may also want to watch:
Woodstock, meanwhile, will be making his return to the ring after losing his unbeaten record to British rival Archie Sharp in his last bout in October.
The 25-year-old will be hoping he can return to winning ways with a success this weekend on a stacked bill that will be screened live on BT Sport.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 6 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 7 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 8 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
A exciting night of boxing lies ahead for both.