Hackney boys earn place in final at England team HQ
- Credit: Archant
Hackney’s own London Soccer Stars Academy Reds Under-nines have earned an invitation to the National ESF Grand Finale after returning triumphant from the Festival of Football at Bognor Regis.
The team, who are based in Clissold Park, will play against the country’s finest clubs in their age group at St George’s Park in July.
They were crowned ESF champions in the UK’s biggest youth football festival on the south coast, receiving their trophies from former Arsenal and England star Ian Wright.
Their incredible performances and hard-earned championship win means that they automatically qualify for the ESF Grand Finale, which takes place at the England national team’s official training headquarters.
Club coach Amy Lawrence said: “This was our first tour with ESF and turned out to be an incredibly memorable experience. The team played their hearts out and coped with the tension of the knockout games superbly.
You may also want to watch:
“It was fantastically organised and the boys had a lot of fun staying at Butlins as their base when they weren’t playing football. It was a very proud moment to win the tournament, and to be presented with the trophy by Ian Wright, a hero for so many in the team, made it extra special.
“The boys can’t wait for the ESF Grand Finale and the chance to play at St George’s Park.”
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 4 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 5 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
LSS Academy will need to be at their very best, competing for the Under-nines’ crown against the cream of the crop from over 1,200 participating teams in ESF 2016.