Hackney boys earn place in final at England team HQ
- Credit: Archant
Hackney’s own London Soccer Stars Academy Reds Under-nines have earned an invitation to the National ESF Grand Finale after returning triumphant from the Festival of Football at Bognor Regis.
The team, who are based in Clissold Park, will play against the country’s finest clubs in their age group at St George’s Park in July.
They were crowned ESF champions in the UK’s biggest youth football festival on the south coast, receiving their trophies from former Arsenal and England star Ian Wright.
Their incredible performances and hard-earned championship win means that they automatically qualify for the ESF Grand Finale, which takes place at the England national team’s official training headquarters.
Club coach Amy Lawrence said: “This was our first tour with ESF and turned out to be an incredibly memorable experience. The team played their hearts out and coped with the tension of the knockout games superbly.
You may also want to watch:
“It was fantastically organised and the boys had a lot of fun staying at Butlins as their base when they weren’t playing football. It was a very proud moment to win the tournament, and to be presented with the trophy by Ian Wright, a hero for so many in the team, made it extra special.
“The boys can’t wait for the ESF Grand Finale and the chance to play at St George’s Park.”
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 6 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 9 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
LSS Academy will need to be at their very best, competing for the Under-nines’ crown against the cream of the crop from over 1,200 participating teams in ESF 2016.