Hackney Bulls round off season with Wales tour
- Credit: Archant
Hackney Bulls Under-16s rounded off their season in the Herts/ Middlesex Junior League with a tour of south Wales.
Beginning with a shirt presentation at the Leconfield pub on Green Lanes, the Bulls travelled to see Ospreys take on Leinster, before playing two games in two days.
Local side Penclawdd were first to face the touring Bulls, and despite the visitors scoring a try on the final whistle they went down 56-12 to their hosts.
Travelling to the Brecon Beacons, the Bulls faced Pontardawe the following day, but could not prevent defeat despite putting on a strong performance.
Taking to the waves at Llangennith beach, the team enjoyed surfing in their free time, ahead of their GCSEs this summer and will potentially repeat the tour next year.
You may also want to watch:
“The Bulls are very proud of the Under-16s, our senior and strongest team,” said Jonathan Hewes, co-chairman of Hackney Bulls.
“They are great ambassadors for their sport, club and borough, and their coaches and supporting families have done a fantastic job. Next year we hope they will be joined on tour by several of the other teams.”
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 4 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 7 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
n Hackney Bulls celebrate their 10th anniversary this year and welcome all visitors to their club day on Sunday May 4 between 10am and 2pm at the Spring Hill ground near Lee Valley Park.